Which size ScubaPro Jet Fin XL or XXL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My size 10 feet are a little too wide for the relatively narrow XL pocket and the XXL pocket is large enough to store the average scooter in between dives. SP, in my opinion, went WAY to big with the XXL pocket when widening and slightly enlarging the XL pocket would have been a better way to create an XXL size.

Which is why I now have a pair of XL OMS Slipsteam fins. They are Jet Fin clones in terms of shape and overall performance, but with a stiffer and more neutrally bouyant fin material. And more importantly the XL foot pocket falls nicely between the XL and XXL Jet Fin foot pockets.

Might wanna check out the turtles as well.

The Treks look about the same as the Rockboots, and those are notorious for being a tricky fit in your size range. I would suggest this: compare the size of your Treks to a size 10 neoprene boot with a real sole--like the Bare 6mm Ice boot. If the Trek is larger (thicker, fatter--length you can fudge a little), go with the Turtles. If the Trek is about the same size, you should be able to use the XL Jet. I'm able to fit a size 10 Ice into the XL, but I have to use Turtles for my drysuit (wider and longer boot).

I haven't tried the OMS, but they may be the happy medium you're seeking.

Do you mean xxl oms slipstream is between the xl and xxl sb jets?

Which is why I now have a pair of XL OMS Slipsteam fins. They are Jet Fin clones in terms of shape and overall performance, but with a stiffer and more neutrally bouyant fin material. And more importantly the XL foot pocket falls nicely between the XL and XXL Jet Fin foot pockets.

OMS XL Slipstreams are lighter and a bit stiffer than the Jets. I have all three. The pocket size of the OMS slipstrams are in between the XL and XXL. They weight out of water about 1/2 and seem to be neutral in the water. These are nice fins if you have heavy feet. I went with the spring straps from Leisure Pro. good price 29.95

Do you mean xxl oms slipstream is between the xl and xxl sb jets?
Yes, sorry XXL Slipstream fins.

That always helps. =)

I have the Bare treck boots size 10.... which size jet fin should i get?
I have the size 10 Bare attached boots. They have a thinner sole than the Trek boots and they are a very snug fit in XL Jet fins. With the Trek boots you will likely need Turtle Fins or XXL Slipstreams. The XXL Jet Fin will be WAY too big.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom