Which wrist/arm to wear dive computer ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

satwar

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Seems my left arm is always busy with bouyancy control. Does it make sense to use right arm for dive computer ?

I wear mine on my left like my wrist watch.....

I too was always adjusting the air in my BC, turns out I was way over weighted.....

Once I took about 6 lbs off it became much easier.......:D

Hope this helps....M

Seems my left arm is always busy with bouyancy control. Does it make sense to use right arm for dive computer ?

Since your left arm/hand can be occupied with the inflator hose, most find wearing the computer on the right side more convenient.

You do need to closely monitor your depth during ascents/descents, safety stops / deco stops, and you often need to operate the inflator/dump to contro your depth at the same time.... that is why "computer on the right wrist" is most common.

Best wishes.

And if you get a backup, keep it on the same wrist.

My solution: one on each wrist. Redundancy is always a good thing.

Left arm, closest to elbow-slate held by bungee cords.
Left arm, closest to wrist-compass-SK7 compass held in DSS bungee mount.

Right arm, closest to elbow-primary computer held in DSS bungee mount.
Right arm, closest to wrist-back up computer.

Have tried different ways, this works best for me. Good luck in finding what works best for you.

If your left arm is *busy* with the inflator, you need to master buoyancy control before you worry about needing a computer, let alone where you wear it.

Once you get that figured out, it depends on the type of diving you plan to do and where other things may be in the over all system. For example, a cave or technical wreck diver may want to wear a computer or bottom timer on the wrist that is not attached to the hand with the light.

Wear it on which ever arm works best for you. Many people do subscribe to idea of the right arm because the left can be occupied with the inflator.

I know on my old set-up, my computer would scream at me because I would be moving my arm from low to high with the inflator.

Back
Top Bottom