White Cliff Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blu Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
There is an old Quarry on the far side of White Cliff Park. White Cliff Park is near Grants Farm, not far from Crestwood in St. Louis. The quarry is extremely small. I heard that 20 years ago you could dive it. I was talking with somone who claims to have done his open water at White Cliff. True or not... I don't know? The quarry is fenced off, however, looks interesting. I often wonder about what it would be like to dive it and if it was ever open to divers? Appears that it would one of those dive sites, you might dive just to say you've been there. However, an exploratory dive would be cool.

I'm thinking I remember seeing a post about this probably 2 years ago. If it is the same quarry it is owned by one of the townships - possibly Crestwood. At the time of the original posts the township would allow diving, but somebody who was a resident of the township had to be present and prove residency. I believe there were some other hoops that had to be jumped through as well. Several locals were posting about it, but couldn't come up with anybody willing to be the "resident".

Snagel

I did my open water dives there in 1993. At the time the depth was about 45 feet with poor visibility but this was in late October so that may have played a roll.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom