White or Yellow Biofin? Which is more visible?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ladyvalea

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Ok, I want to know which color bio fin is more visible in deeper water? I mean compared to the yellow or white bio fin? like Roy G bvin... on the color scale ...where does the white come in? so does the white become black? and why does it say in the apollo site..white is good for photogopers to use for camera adjustin? Apollo Sports: Dive Gear: Split Fins: Bio-Fin Pro

because I purchased White....and my husband has yellow....now which fin is brighter underwater?? I mean easier to spot?

Some photographers carry a plastic card of an specific color to calibrate the camera. I'm not into photography, but I guess you can use the white fins instead of the card an tell the camera "that's pure white".

The white color also absorbs less light than yellow, so theoretically they should be easier to spot, unless you are diving in milk :)

White fins will turn brownish-yellow soon enough. Plastics seem do that when you expose them to UV or water or stinky rubber suited divers.

Buy the pink ones, they're in these days, and be sure to get split fins..... oh- you did!

Apollo bio-fins have no plastic. The bio-fins are 100% natural rubber. The White fins are the most visible @ any depth.

Depends... are you asking whether they are more visible to humans... or sharks? I love my Bio-Fins but they are black.

Ok, I want to know which color bio fin is more visible in deeper water? I mean compared to the yellow or white bio fin? like Roy G bvin... on the color scale ...where does the white come in? so does the white become black? and why does it say in the apollo site..white is good for photogopers to use for camera adjustin? Apollo Sports: Dive Gear: Split Fins: Bio-Fin Pro

because I purchased White....and my husband has yellow....now which fin is brighter underwater?? I mean easier to spot?

Just had this discussion with our local Scuba Pro rep. last night. I have black, blue and yellow twin jets.

His question. "Have your yellow fins turned nasty, brown or off color?

No.

"Well the white ones won't either as they're made from exactly the same material."

I had two well travelled divers in the shop as well and they had both dove with people who had used white fins and they commented on how well they could see the diver under the water.

Apollo bio-fins have no plastic. The bio-fins are 100% natural rubber. The White fins are the most visible @ any depth.

So answer that other thing, so far left unanswered....

Will they change from white to darker shades, for whatever reason, when used?

So answer that other thing, so far left unanswered....

Will they change from white to darker shades, for whatever reason, when used?

RoatanMan: The white fins will darken if left in the sun for prolonged periods. If you dive,
rinse and store in the normal "cool dry place" no problem. I have a pair of white spring strap fins with about 150 dives over 3 yrs. and they are still white with no discoloration.

I have a pair of white spring strap fins with about 150 dives over 3 yrs. and they are still white with no discoloration.

Sounds like the white fins, being obviously more visible, are a winner.

Yet, still, you offer no pink ones. Maybe.....?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom