White or Yellow Biofin? Which is more visible?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have jet fins (black) which I'll NEVER give up. But was wondering if anyone has ever used a rubber-based paint to paint on a big patch of white on top to use for camera white balance? Seems like it'd be much easier than goofing around with the cards, which I have a hard time with 'cause my arm's too short.

a big patch of white on top to use for camera white balance? Seems like it'd be much easier than goofing around with the cards, which I have a hard time with 'cause my arm's too short.

Your camera doesn't have to "focus" on the white card, it just has to see it, so distance away is not an issue.

RoatanMan: Yep, we have pink bio-fins in sizes XS, SM, MD.
Apollo Sports: Dive Gear: Split Fins: Bio-Fin Pro

That pink model is available then in the PRO Series, versus the C Series.

What would you characterize as the main differences in these two product lines? ...I mean, besides the availability of PINK, BLUE and some other snappy colors.

(BTW- I'm a size 12, so now I'm just asking for my and all the other reader's general knowledge!)

RoatanMan:

The only difference is the stainless steel spring strap. The SS STRAP is nice and secure, self adjusting, and easy on and off. Both series of bio-fins have the same all natural rubber and the same performance characteristics. XT models are stiffer and
"feel" more like a conventional paddle fin.

We do not have pink bio-fins to fit your size 12 foot. You are, in our size chart a XL
size. We stock your size in Black, Blue, Yellow, and White.

What would you characterize as the main differences in these two product lines? [/B] ...I mean, besides the availability of PINK, BLUE and some other snappy colors.

(BTW- I'm a size 12, so now I'm just asking for my and all the other reader's general knowledge!)

Here is a photo of two divers with Bio fins, one yellow and one white. I am not sure if the photo reveals this, but the diver with the white fins was much easier to see at depth, although the yellow was plenty visible.

Attachments

• IMG_0539.jpg
    IMG_0539.jpg
    403 KB · Views: 85
I have friends with both white and yellow bio-fins. White is easiest to see, no doubt.

I do, however, wish that I could get OMS SlipStreams in colors in addition to black...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom