Whites Releases Fusion ONE Drysuit!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WHITES Justin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
THE UNCOLD STORY - Fusion DryCORE technology achieves a price that breaks ground, not budgets.

Whites is please to announce the release of the Fusion ONE Drysuit!

Fusion ONE changes everything. It's the first Drysuit to deliver Fusion DryCORE warmth, flexibility and comfort for under a grand.

Experience UNCOLD.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 2,272
What a great solution for the diver that NEEDS a custom fit suit but doesn't want to shell out $2000-$3000. The last exposure suit you will ever need for any type of diving environment and skill level.

Find a dealer nearest you and become a "FUSION DIVER" today.
Dealer Finder Whites Diving - Whites Diving

This is an amazing price on a really good dry suit. I'd have a hard time recommending someone looking for an entry-level suit to look at anything else, now.

It seems priced at the same point as the Scubapro Everdry -- how do the two compare?

It seems priced at the same point as the Scubapro Everdry -- how do the two compare?

Hi Sol,

To be honest the comparison stops at the price.

The suits are so different in every other way. The Everdry, which is a nice suit, is based on the traditional Drysuit design - an oversized waterproof shell with a dry zipper.

The Fusion uses patented DryCORE technology - an over sized, lightweight inner shell with a stretchy outer skin over top. This design allows for a a wetsuit like fit, incredible mobility, and excellent air management properties.

Check out this video, it will help demonstrate the advantages of the Fusion: The Ultimate Dry Suit..... - YouTube

Cheers,

Justin

I haven't seen any pictures of the back of the suit yet. Is there a protective zipper over the main waterproof zipper? Does the suit use a brass zipper or the plastic Ti-Zip(which in IMHO is far superior to what we have been using in the past)?

The EverDry is a neoprene dry suit. Therefore, it has the benefits and drawbacks of neoprene suits. It's inexpensive (and now has serious competition on that score!). It has intrinsic insulating capacity, which means lighter undergarments, but also means the suit is not as versatile in warmer water temperatures. It is heavy and dries slowly. It only comes with neoprene seals, which means using dry gloves is problematic. It loses some insulating ability at depth, like all neoprene, and it will have a lifespan of compression/expansion cycles.

The Fusion is light and dries quickly, can be used in all water temperatures, comes with latex seals that permit seal-mounted dry glove systems, and like all laminate-type dry suits, permits the use of a wide variety of thermal undergarments. In addition, fit is VERY forgiving with Fusion suits (which is not the case with neoprene suits).

Given the two price points, I'd have a hard time recommending the SP suit to people now. It's what we have been telling our new divers about, but not any more!

I haven't seen any pictures of the back of the suit yet. Is there a protective zipper over the main waterproof zipper? Does the suit use a brass zipper or the plastic Ti-Zip(which in IMHO is far superior to what we have been using in the past)?

Hi Aqua-Andy,

Good call on the back pics, I'll put them up soon.

There is a really smooth coil zip on the back which protects the inner zipper. We are no using the T-Zip as our testing continues to demonstrate failure well before the life of the zipper.

Cheers,

Justin

Hi Aqua-Andy,

Good call on the back pics, I'll put them up soon.

There is a really smooth coil zip on the back which protects the inner zipper. We are no using the T-Zip as our testing continues to demonstrate failure well before the life of the zipper.

Cheers,

Justin

Just out of curiosity What failures have you been seeing in the Ti-Zip? I've been using one for a year on my old drysuit and really like the flexibility of it. One other thing, it can't break between the teeth like my old zipper had done twice.

Just out of curiosity What failures have you been seeing in the Ti-Zip? I've been using one for a year on my old drysuit and really like the flexibility of it. One other thing, it can't break between the teeth like my old zipper had done twice.

Hi Andy,

The T-ZIP has some benefits like you say however with the unique front entry of the Fusion the T-ZIP just simply won't hold up under the stress of the curve.

We may look at the possibility of the T-ZIP for the back entry of the Fusion ONE, however the brass zippers have a very reliable track record for Whites and any change like that does not come easy.

Many manufactures are switching to the T-ZIP for the simple reason that they are cheaper than the traditional brass zipper.

Cheers,

Justin

Back
Top Bottom