Whites Releases Fusion ONE Drysuit!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Andy,

The T-ZIP has some benefits like you say however with the unique front entry of the Fusion the T-ZIP just simply won't hold up under the stress of the curve.

We may look at the possibility of the T-ZIP for the back entry of the Fusion ONE, however the brass zippers have a very reliable track record for Whites and any change like that does not come easy.

Many manufactures are switching to the T-ZIP for the simple reason that they are cheaper than the traditional brass zipper.

Cheers,

Justin

Yes, I understand the Ti-Zip can't be used on the front entry fusion and as someone that has not had good luck with the traditional brass zipper I was a little disappointed by this fact. As for the other manufacturers swapping over due to price alone I don't know how much I buy into that. Just remember the price of a product does not always coincide with the quality of the product. This may very well be a fight you could be looking at soon as other manufacturers and there dealers will have to explain why the suit they sell is 50% or more then the cost of the Fusion One(Drysuit for under a grand? Just remember you get what you pay for):wink:.

PS: Any update on the Fusion socks?

hello, i m looking for a dry suit, i m about to buy waterproof D7 or D10 i have never used dry suit before but Fusin one looks nice.
i am looking for a dealer in greece but i cant find, so o checked for online shops, i found some but they were all outside Europe and the customs would be a problem.
does anyone know any online shop placed in EU?

Justin -- what is it about the "One" that makes it so much less expensive than the "regular" Fusion (which I have and promote)? Is it just the back zip or are there other differences?

Reactions: Jax
I too have been considering a new dry suit. I have tried the regular and tech versions of the Fusion and like them except for the sizing. I am too big for the S/M and too small for the L/XL. I have been looking at saving up for a DUI TLS 350, but I've been told that I can dive a Fusion with a L/XL inner and a S/M exterior shell, but I have not been able to test this yet and do not know how well this would work as I am very much into a minimalistic and streamlined ideology. Would this be a similar option on the Fusion One? How common is the sizing a factor for buyers and is this a solution you recommend.

Do you have a weight for the product yet with the Fusion boots, but no hose?

Is the dump valve placement in the same location as other Fusion models?

What is the coldest/deepest the valves have been tested to?

Thank you for your help.

I am too big for the S/M and too small for the L/XL.

I don't really understand this comment, because I have dived my husband's L/XL suit as a backup suit with no problems at all. (In fact, it's a bit easier to get my MK3 into it than it is into my own S/M!) One of the greatest things about the Fusion is that it ​doesn't have to fit!

I suppose what I mean to say it that I do not like extra material anywhere I don't need it. I can be picky with my gear and one of the things I like about the idea of a custom TLS would be just that, it'd be custom. I hvae zero experience with a TLS though and have dived two Fusions (a S/M and a L/XL). I really liked the way they dive except that I could not reach my valves very well in the S/M and that I could feel the extra material in the L/XL. Maybe I'm just being over sensitive, but I felt like the suit ate me. I think a M/L would be perfect. Again, maybe I'm just too sensitive.

I sold my Bare suit because the arms were not long enough and the torso was way too big. Although the Fusion does an incredible job of managing the air bubble.

hello, i m looking for a dry suit, i m about to buy waterproof D7 or D10 i have never used dry suit before but Fusin one looks nice.
i am looking for a dealer in greece but i cant find, so o checked for online shops, i found some but they were all outside Europe and the customs would be a problem.
does anyone know any online shop placed in EU?

Hello,

You can contact our distributor in Greece:

Company: NIK KARTELIAS & CO.O.E

Email: dimitra5@otenet.gr

Cheers,

Justin

---------- Post Merged at 08:20 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:16 AM ----------

Justin -- what is it about the "One" that makes it so much less expensive than the "regular" Fusion (which I have and promote)? Is it just the back zip or are there other differences?

Hi Peter Guy,

Most of our cost savings in the Fusion ONE are due to unseen construction techniques.

Basically we are able to use fewer seams which means less labor. Combine this with the fact that we are not offering SLT, pockets, etc and you get some real cost savings.

The idea of the Fusion ONE was to provide a viable alternative for divers using wetsuits or lower end traditional shell suits.

Cheers,

Justin

---------- Post Merged at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:16 AM ----------

I too have been considering a new dry suit. I have tried the regular and tech versions of the Fusion and like them except for the sizing. I am too big for the S/M and too small for the L/XL. I have been looking at saving up for a DUI TLS 350, but I've been told that I can dive a Fusion with a L/XL inner and a S/M exterior shell, but I have not been able to test this yet and do not know how well this would work as I am very much into a minimalistic and streamlined ideology. Would this be a similar option on the Fusion One? How common is the sizing a factor for buyers and is this a solution you recommend.

Do you have a weight for the product yet with the Fusion boots, but no hose?

Is the dump valve placement in the same location as other Fusion models?

What is the coldest/deepest the valves have been tested to?

Thank you for your help.

Hello,

To give you an accurate answer on your size I would need to know your height, weight, waist size and inseam length. The Fusion is so forgiving in it's sizing that almost everyone gets a better than custom fit. You can use a smaller skin on a larger core if you feel that would help but again, I would need to know your sizes. The Fusion ONE weighs in at about 3.6kg.

The dump valve and inflate valve locations are identical to the other Fusion models. I am not sure about the depth/temp testing of the valves. They are Apeks valves and those guys know all about cold water :)

Cheers,

Justin

Hello,

To give you an accurate answer on your size I would need to know your height, weight, waist size and inseam length. The Fusion is so forgiving in it's sizing that almost everyone gets a better than custom fit. You can use a smaller skin on a larger core if you feel that would help but again, I would need to know your sizes. The Fusion ONE weighs in at about 3.6kg.

The dump valve and inflate valve locations are identical to the other Fusion models. I am not sure about the depth/temp testing of the valves. They are Apeks valves and those guys know all about cold water :)

Cheers,

Justin

I am 155 pounds, 5'7", 31" waist, 36" hips, 31" inseam, 40" chest, 5th vertebrae to top of hips is 21", 22" from my armpit to my wrist and 30" from my shoulder to my wrist.

Thanks for your help and the extra information. I'm glad to know about the valves. I look forward to seeing one in person.

Justin, thank you. I would love to see one of the new Fusions so that I could convince my LDS to sell them. As it is an A.L. dealer, I know it can sell Whites but the owner seems to have had a problem with Whites and now says he won't sell anything from Whites!

BUT, he told me he wouldn't sell DSS gear either and now, 3 years later, he finds himself not only being a dealer but being a successful one. Perhaps there is hope for Whites too.

Justin, thank you. I would love to see one of the new Fusions so that I could convince my LDS to sell them. As it is an A.L. dealer, I know it can sell Whites but the owner seems to have had a problem with Whites and now says he won't sell anything from Whites!...

Peter,

My AOW class last weekend, myself, two CA's and all 6 students were in Fusions. Three of the students were also learning to use drysuits. Goodness they make it easy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom