Who has the better diving and WHY? Miami vs. Ft Lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glock Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
To be more accurate, let's say Miami-Dade vs. Broward. Which has the better diving and why? :confused:

Here on ScubaBoard, I hear more about diving in the Ft. Lauderdale area, but maybe that's because there are more members from that area? I have a friend coming down for a long weekend in October, and she's trying to decide which city to stay in. We'd primarily be diving from my boat, doing reefs and wrecks. Thanks for the input!

:popcorn:

Define "better".

I like beach diving so my choice is Broward. There's not much beach diving in Dade.

They are very equal IMO as far as the actual diving goes but Broward has far better diving infrastructure to support diving (boats, fills, gear).

If you've got good GPS numbers, they are equal from a boat.

+1 What he said...

The reefs in Key Biscayne are in much better shape than most of the reefs in Ft. Lauderdale and are not visited as frequently.

Visit divespots.com or get any half way decent chart for the area and you are set!

Deerfield Beach, Boynton Beach, Boca etc... have much healthier reefs than Ft. Lauderdale does IMO. It really depends where your boat is and how far are you willing to go for a dive.

Remember y'all, this is a guy and a friend and his boat. Boynton is all drift diving. Who buddies with whom?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom