Who has the highest # of views to their person profile vs. # of SB posts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Neither did I, Maggie... I guess the avatar pic I use is enough to scare most away.

It's not the ave, it probably the pics of your wetsuit..:shakehead:

Bikini pic? I'm definitely not going there... or a Speedo either.

Oh behalf of all here, THANK YOU :rofl3:.

My ratio is 0.17 which puts me well out of the running.

275 views/162 posts = 1.7...either its the girl thing or maybe i'm not as verbose as others...:wink:

Having outliers often indicates some sort of problem, usually with the proposed model or the system of measurement. The idea of using outliers to indicate anything at all is sketchy at best.

Hey now, just because I wear rabbit ears when I dive (and sometimes on the surface...in airports) doesn't mean I'm outside the "normal" curve :blinking:
Ber :lilbunny:

Hey now, just because I wear rabbit ears when I dive (and sometimes on the surface...in airports) doesn't mean I'm outside the "normal" curve :blinking:
Ber :lilbunny:
All depends on the crowd you run (or hop) with.:D But really, I'd guess that the best measure of contribution to the board (if you need an external measure of your worth) is just raw numbers of posts (effort) and thanks (accomplishment), most everything else has some skew factor that swamps the signal, like the "horn-dog effect" that drives up the numbers of visits to the profiles of females.

I only have .14 visits per post. I guess no one is looking for a bikini picture of me. "THANK GOODNESS":D

I only have a couple of thanks as well. I am just not a very helpful person, I guess. I feel like there are plenty of others more qualified then I am to answer scuba questions.

.91 But Im not in a bikini. Thats a good thing.

I changed my profile pic to "Barbie Surfs-Up Color Change Diver" ... hey, she's even got doubles. Let's see if that makes any change.:D

I changed my profile pic to "Barbie Surfs-Up Color Change Diver" ... hey, she's even got doubles. Let's see if that makes any change.:D

got me to look.

Mine would only be 2.1698, but it's inaccurate since I've had those posts for 3+ years and they've only been counting views since the new upgrade earlier this year.

Since this is my 9,000th post I just had to do it. Ratio is 0.4092... which I suspect means nothing since I, and by definition anyone with a very high or very low post or visit count, is an outlier, an observation that does not follow the overall pattern of a distribution (Moore, D. S. and McCabe, G. P. Introduction to the Practice of Statistics, 3rd ed. New York: W. H. Freeman, 1999).

Having outliers often indicates some sort of problem, usually with the proposed model or the system of measurement. The idea of using outliers to indicate anything at all is sketchy at best.

:bored2:

Back
Top Bottom