Who is diving after Covid?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ended up with Covid when we returned from the Coz invasion this year. I've had summer colds that were worse. Came home on Saturday, tested positive on Sunday, again on Wednesday, then negative the following Sunday. I never had any problems breathing, just had an irritated throat which caused a cough and I did loose my sense of smell for a few days but nothing that I felt required a doctor's visit. I was diving the Sunday after testing negative with zero negative effects.

I'm going back in a week. Had a pretty bad flu symptom covid stretch of 2 weeks, with a week of getting better last fall. Felt fine ever sense. I honestly haven't given it a second thought.

I had COVID omicron. I've had way worse colds. Fatigue, sure throat, and runny nose.

I'm back to running 5k's and diving. No issues.

Had COVID this spring, the brain type that resulting in feeling stupid and getting very easily exhausted. First dive after a month, for other reasons. Deco, O2 etc no problem.

No checkups, nothing feels different

had covid christmas 2020. no issues with deco dives in carmel 2021/2022 and trip to scapa in 2021. did maldives liveaboard for 2 weeks this year, but all dives were recreational.

Recently had COVID. Lost taste and smell for a few days, was very tired, had a stuffy nose and was slightly run down. I don’t feel any different now than before COVID, so I don’t expect any problems if I go back to diving.

i have had covid multiple times. I’m an instructor so dive 6+ dives a week. my last covid case, about 2 months ago, i decided to call DAN and ask their opinion. They said I should follow up with my PCP before getting into the water. DAN doesn’t have enough info yet to recommend procedures after covid. They are currently doing a study with covid and diving.

Given that more than 60% of the US (and I assume the world) has had covid by this time, most people here have had it. Covid today isn't the covid of 2020, but I'll play along.

I probably had an asymptomatic strain of Alpha through Delta. I have antibodies.

I got over Omicron on Aug 26th, and did some light deco dives on the 28th.

It depends on the individual. My wife has had chronic lung issues and a persistent cough since first getting covid in Nov 2020, on the other hand I've been fine.

I recently broke three ribs and partially collapsed a lung. Surgeon told me to get up and walk. I walked 14 miles several times, deliberately exaggerating my breathing to re-set one of my ribs that had overlapped and to recover my lung volume. I trained throughout the weeks following the incident with my spirometer (both max volume and sustained volume) to ensure I was optimizing my diaphragmatically-induced volume exchange.

Fast forward a few weeks later and, despite a monkish lifestyle and vaccination, I contracted COVID. I was over it in a week with Tylenol and I’m back on max HR sprint work on my Concept2 rower.

So, while I haven’t dived (and that’s been more a function of living outside of Florida lately), I’ve done far more strenuous physical activity and can’t see there would be any drama with a technical, mixed gas dive with two decompression gases.

Your health is your wealth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom