Who is the oldest active diver on SCUBA BOARD?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Guinness book of world records stopped keeping track of "World's fattest cat" out of fear that owners would cause harm to their pets trying to break the record. I don't think we should have these kinds of "contest" posts here, as it's just going to encourage divers to age.

Really the question belongs in the general scuba discussion section. The Sea Hunt section is about vintage diving not vintage divers

Really the question belongs in the general scuba discussion section. The Sea Hunt section is about vintage diving not vintage divers

Yes, exactly, most of us are vintage EQUIPMENT divers (collectors) and are not all that vintage ourselves, thank you.

N

The Sea Hunt threads are a nostalgia trip for me. I watched it religiously in high school (1964 grad).
At 61 I doubt I'm the old man of the sea but it'd be interesting to see who is out there.
Are you more ancient than me?
An LA County Instructor, I am a graduate of LA County 20 UICC. I went to off to fly Phantoms and haven't had a student since 1973. I taught at San Diego State Univ. (NAUI).
With the USAF I learned SCUBA in Tampa, Florida, got certified in Okinawa, with NAUI in 1968. Dove S. California from '69 - '75. Did some in Spain and Turkey in the late 70s. Palawan in the PI in '81. Then a long dry spell until my 17 year old got interested (Key Largo in 2006). We celebrated his certificationin Cozumel last Thanksgiving.
Any MacDill or Kadena 'Reef Rovers' out there?

MacDill Reef Rover here. 1973-1976

Phantom mechanic same years..... Probably launched you a few times.

As to your other question DOB: 1954

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

moved to GOD divers...more likely to find them there anyway...lol

I’m certainly not the oldest active diver on the board, but I’ll nominate myself as a candidate for oldest active instructor on the board who is still teaching. I just returned from a four-hour pool session with four Open Water students, and I just went on Medicare.

I look forward to being told I'm wrong.

The strange thing is that my shop actually has two instructors older than I who are still teaching. But they aren’t on this board.

Back
Top Bottom