Who knows good dive spots in Costa Rica?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Caroline

New
Reaction score
This year i am planning to go to Costa Rica. Can someone say what is the best diving-spot (which coast, pacific or atlantic ocean)in Costa Rica?
thanks for answering my question!
Greetz Caroline

Haven't been there yet, but have heard if you are diving then the Pacific is the coast you want to be on, so that is where we are going.

All the diving is done on the Pacific side..Guanacaste. I've dove there a few times and it was really nice. I have dove with Ocotal Resort and Deep Blue Diving I have no complaints with either one. As a matter of fact a friend of mine just returned from there this week and he said he loved the diving...he dove with bull sharks, white tips, giant mantas, he snorkeled with false killer whales etc. he said he had the best time ever and the diving was awesome. so, you will get conflicting messages. the best diving is at Catalina Island or Bat Island. that's where the big stuff is happening.

Caroline:
This year i am planning to go to Costa Rica. Can someone say what is the best diving-spot (which coast, pacific or atlantic ocean)in Costa Rica?
thanks for answering my question!
Greetz Caroline

I was out on the Pacific Coast of Costa Rica about a month ago. I dove the Catalina Islands with Rich Coast Diving in Playas del Coco and saw Manta Rays with at least a 30ft wingspan! I'm not exagerrating. It was one of the best dive trips of my life! I definately would go to the Pacific side!

Back
Top Bottom