who needs an LDS for their fills?? (Humour)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

turnerjd

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
We all know that we should support our LDS, simply so that there will always be somewhere to get air fills.

However, this is no longer the case...... with the EtherFill 5000

from their web page..........
Download your fills from the Internet with the EtherFill™ 5000 Cylinder Fill System. Get yours today exclusively from Dive Rite Express with quality gas provided by Fill Express.

To use the EtherFill 5000, connect the Ethernet cable on the EtherFill 5000 to any RJ45 Ethernet port on your computer or network hub. Then connect the fill whip on the EtherFill 5000 to your cylinder. Visit the Fill Express Web site, and use your prepaid Nitrox or Trimix fill card where you can buy gas by the cubic foot. Attest that you are certified to use the gas you are about to download. Then begin downloading your gas fills from the Internet directly into your cylinder, using the EtherFill 5000. Watch the gauge, and when your cylinder is full, just close the handwheel on the fill whip, or abort the download.

When I saw this I had to laugh :35:

Jon T

In this day and age, I think that's what we would like to do, but still waiting for the tech to be in place. I'll keep wishing :)

When will they have this available for Dial Up? :biggrin2:

Stop it! You're going to make me flood my mask!!

So . . . do they need to see my Nitrox card before I can open a directory to upload unused EAN?

I wonder, they let me put the thing in my cart. Now if I order it and they say they don't have any available, can I just ask them to send the whip, gauge, fittings and DIN filler for 12.00?

strider:
I wonder, they let me put the thing in my cart. Now if I order it and they say they don't have any available, can I just ask them to send the whip, gauge, fittings and DIN filler for 12.00?

Unfortunately they send you a gift item of their choice :frown:

Alert -- There have been some reports of compatibility issues with the EtherFill 5000. The problem seems to be that the network congestion management algorithm shuts down the entire Internet, thus causing the download to hang. If you order the EtherFill 5000 while we are pondering how best to resolve this minor issue, we will send you a gift item of our choice, yours to keep.

Jon T

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom