Who needs scooters, when we have current??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kanonfodr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
That title was aimed at you, Sockmonkey :wink: . I joined Daiika for a few dives at 3 Tables on Wednesday, had a lot of fun. I had forgotten how nice single tank/ wetsuit diving could be, especially in the absence of adult supervision. But either way, we were finding critters galore (including a small white-tip in the shallows), the viz was damn near 100 feet in some places, and Rodney is a great diver.

Appreciate you letting me join you, Rodney. I finally got the video uploaded, it's linked below. Hope y'all enjoy.

3 Tables 7July2010 on Vimeo

[vimeo]13189468[/vimeo]

PS. Could somebody please shoot me a PM with embed instructions?? I totally could not find them.

Peace,
Greg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! Thanks for posting the video, Greg!

Best wishes.

Thanks Greg, was fun diving with you. Looks like many critters came out to greet your videography.
Thanks for the 80 mins. dives.

I keep forgetting to respond to your video... but wow man wow. I'm forwarding to some folks to show them why HI diving kicks ass.

Nice colors. Were you shallow or are you the white balancing color correcting master?

I'm sure the freedom from the rigors of fundies was way liberating. Did you spend the whole dive out of trim in defiance?

Thanks for posting... great stuff.

-Eric

Hey Eric!

With the colors, I'm using an Ikelite red filter on my camera, great for 20-40 foot depths in our clear waters :wink: . The shallower stuff tends to come out yellow, and deeper it still helps a little with returning the color, but only so much. I promise I'm no video corrections god, it's all in the toys.

And believe it or not, I did spend most of the dive in trim. My back will let you know if you ever ask it after a dive. But I do occasionally go out of trim to get that perfect shot, and sometimes even upside down :shocked: . I love being able to use the back kick, though. My friend just visited from Texas and she was begging me to teach her how to do it.

Peace,
Greg

But I do occasionally go out of trim to get that perfect shot, and sometimes even upside down

Just remember -- trim is a tool, and if upside down is the right position for the job, it's the right trim :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom