Who thinks diving sucks around here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Driving only sucks becuase I love it so muh, yet I'm AT LEAST 4 hours from the nearest dive sites.

I guess we're lucky, we've got 4 dives sites all just a little over an hour drive away. And several more options 3-4 hours away. While it's not diving in the ocean, if it's a choice of diving locally or staying dry, I'll take diving locally every time. Green water, low visibility, lots of freshwater fish including unusual ones like gar, what's not to love? :wink:

I have 1 quarry an hour away & 2 others about 2 1/2hrs away. Sure, the local diving isn't the greatest (generally cold, dark, murky, green), but I try to make the best with what I have. Diving in those conditions is better than not diving at all. Plus, diving in those rough conditions makes the warm tropical water diving a piece of cake.

I love diving the great lakes.
I'm only 15 minutes from the Niagara River if I need a quick fix.
You guys need to move!

Well.. I am less than an hour away from our local dive spot in Logansport, IN and within a few hours from Gilboa, Portage, and White Star in Ohio and within a few hours from Haigh in IL.
If all else fails.. I am a short flight from the big blue!
Sometimes you have to find the fun in what you are doing..no matter where you find yourself!?!

Frog hopefully you will come to like what is 'around here' and appreciate when you can make it to the clearer and warmer areas.

Sometimes you have to find the fun in what you are doing..no matter where you find yourself!?!QUOTE]

Amen.
When I moved to Illinois from the east coast, I had been out of diving for quite a few years. It never occured to me to get back into it in the midwest. Then I won an open water course in a raffle, took it, and was totally hooked (again) when I saw my first lake Michican wreck emerge from the gloom as I descended the line. It literally changed my life.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom