Who to dive with in Cozumel??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ditto Gordon.........doesn't seem like something to brag about, but this isn't the first time......(okay--that was a comment)

Actually, both of those ops very explicitly dive all of Cancun/Playa del Carmen/Cozumel. Alvaro, as a matter of fact, has a shop in Playa. Their commute to Cozumel is shorter than my commute to work. :)

Personally, I want to dive with someone who knows the Cozumel reefs like their backyard.

Personally, I want to dive with someone who knows the Cozumel reefs like their backyard.

I don't know how long Ben & Jorge have been there, but Alvaro has been diving that area for 30 years... It *is* his backyard.

I don't know how long Ben & Jorge have been there, but Alvaro has been diving that area for 30 years... It *is* his backyard.

Dirty Dog - no offense - but I don't think you fully understand how it works around here. Ben is an awesome guy - but he does not nor has he ever lived in Cozumel. I don't know Jorge, so cannot speak for him.

The ops based out of Cancun/PDC offer services to their clients who are STAYING in Cancun/PDC and want to do a day or two of diving in Cozumel - and these services are offered at a rate based on transport from there to here, etc.

For those STAYING in Cozumel - an operator based in PDC or Cancun would not serve them well at all. In FACT - the ops based in Cozumel, who dive these waters DAILY are much better equipped to serve divers staying and diving in Cozumel.

It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever for a diver staying in Cozumel to book with an operator out of Cancun - it's a 60 mile/2 hour min commute each way for either party - even Ben would agree with me on this.

The DM's here regardless of which OP they work for are likely to have more experience on these reefs than Ben or his compadres - and this is not a slight - it's a simple fact based on geography.

When I have divers staying in Cancun I recommend Ben and Scorpio Divers with highest regards - but they are simply not the best option (or even practical) for those staying in Cozumel.

OK then :
give me an A
give me an L
give me a D
give me an O
give me an R
give me an A…
:wink:

Valet op with experienced guides (all instructors), nice boats, small groups of similar experience divers, steel tanks, early morning departure so you never find another group on the reef, surface intervals at a nice beach club, long dives…
If you haven't booked your hotel yet, they have a special offer in october :
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/trips-local-marketplace-cozumel/349177-free-lodging-w-aldora.html
All the info about the op, their villa, and their diving procedures can be found on their website (in the link above).

They're the only op I used in my 2 times 1 month stays in Coz, so I can't compare to others on the island, but I definitely recommand them.

PS : don't flame me Don, or I'll hit you with those pom-poms :mooner::cheerleader:

+ The only operator that can go out when 40 foot boat (Felicity) are required by harbor master. This boat also goes 26-28 knots!

+The only operator that has and dives the East side of the Island when the Norte's are blowing.

+ Aldora "light" for late after noon dives close to shore but are still a reef dive. Out and back very fast.

+ The beautiful Villa on the Water that is literally steps from getting in and out of your dive boat.

+ Four stroke engine powered outboards that Minimize oils (use less fuel) and contaminates to you and the reef compared to the two stroke out boards most operations use.

+ Ask for a special request... Anything within reason can be taken care of. I've never been turned down in 10+ years of diving with them. ASK!!!

Kay and Greg (Villa/Reservations) ... Friends.... They are some of the nicest, fair people I can think of.
Memo (Shop)... Friend.. I trust him with my life, what else is there to say.
All of this comes from Dave Dillehay. Without him none of this would have been possible.
I could go on and on... DM's, Captains and all other support people. So many good people. Time for bed.
Dreaming of the back-roll, signal OK, buddy OK, reach for the camera, down we go, Chase the fish in search of the perfect picture while doing the perfect dive, perfect profile. Top side everyone is wearing a smile giddy with excitement that lasts into the evenings meal... Wake up another day to do it again. Does it get ANY better than that???

Prop Joe, I could not say it any better. What a GREAT Op.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom