Who to dive with in Cozumel??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

+The only operator that has and dives the East side of the Island when the Norte's are blowing.

Other dive operations do it. Example Carlos and Simon Dive Cozumel - Home

I think I've seen their boat "Mayte" while sipping drinks on off diving day's at Playa Palancar.
I've dove the East side a couple of times and never seen any other boats over on the east side other than the local fishermen. We in fact towed one of the local fisherman's boat back to Chen Rio after they had engine trouble. They had no radio to call for help. Diver/fisherman ended up on the iron shore beach while boat had no idea where they went.:shakehead: Aldora has two boats over there with powerful radio's just in case something like that would happen.

Perhaps I should have said...
+The only operator that has dove and continues to dive the the East side of the Island Safely when the Norte's are blowing. Redundant boats, equipment and procedures help to ensure that you have a safe experience on the seldom visited east side.

YouTube - East Side Gold

Windward Adventures

+

+ Aldora "light" for late after noon dives close to shore but are still a reef dive. Out and back very fast.

Prop Joe what is the Aldora "light" to which you refer. I was under the impression that Aldora limited themselves to morning dives?

Keep In mind I do not work for Aldora (I would like to though:wink:)...
Please ask the shop for any requests (within reason). If you ask to go out in the afternoon I'm sure that is an real easy request...
I've done twilight dives, an afternoon snorkel/dive charter (getting married on island with family), night dives... I've dove Aldora since 99/00 once or twice a year and they have always taken care of me.
Nortes are usually in cooler months... So (as of last year) the boats that are normally Chen Rio for east side dives are moved to west side to offer guests of the Villa Aldora a quick afternoon dive to one of the Shallower Northern reefs (weather permitting)...
Hence the Aldora lite. I would have taken advantage last July but had some health issues that required joint replacement and was not able to participate.
Dave might chime in here to explain details...

Edit:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/trips-local-marketplace-cozumel/332246-barracuda-everyday.html
See 2nd paragraph.
$35 for a single tank= Aldora lite

Last edited:
just got back from dives with Deep Blue. very professionally run operations, small groups (on this day, they used 3 boats with 6-7 divers, each with own DM), relatively new and well maintained equipment, and very experienced DM. we dove palancar gardens and cedral wall (drift dive) which are very spectacular dive sites!
for those of you you come in on a cruise, they can accomodate your ship's schedule.
highly recommended!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom