Who to dive with in Playa Del Carmen??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would recommend Dennis Weeks of Diablo Divers: Diablo Divers - Home

Dennis now also owns Aquanauts Dive Center in Puerto Aventuras so he can offer reef diving along with cenotes, caverns and caves. I have gone with Dennis for two years in a row and originally choose him because he allows divers to dive their computer profiles and maximize their bottom time. He operates small groups...no cattle boat...and has a number of great divemasters who also follow Dennis's philosophy of great service and value.

Enjoy the area...there are some excellent dive sites and so many worthwhile cenote dives.

If you want to do a three day dive package, you should go with Playascuba.com. They have a package that is 200$ (american) for three days of diving, Two Playa ocean dives, Two Cozumel Ocean Dives and Two Cenote Dives. Its really nice if you havn't done to much diving in the area because you get to have a little taste test of a few different places.
Playa scuba, super good guys. I dove with them a lot. The two guys running the show and doing all the dives also own the shop so its very personal service. Super good rates, Really nice gear. Overall really nice experiance.

Sorry I didn't update before but I'm got my deposit in with Jason for the Reef dive on the 14th and a cenote dive on the 17th. Wouldn't you know it my wife booked the trip for the same period of time that the Barrett Jackson is on, guess she didn't to compete with the Barrett again this year.

Matt & divingtigger -

Could you let me know what you think of the Royal PDC? We're going back down in May with a group of friends and are trying to decide between the Royal which is on the north side of the middle of town I guess and the Riu Palace Riviera Maya. My wife (another non-diving spouse) and I stayed at Riu two weeks ago and really liked it but the Royal is pretty much right in town and the beach there is walkable since it wasn't as affected by the hurricane erosion as beaches south of town.

Thanks!

For the record, my dives with Jason were outstanding - see my recap in this section of the board.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom