Who trained these idiots??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is a great idea. By filtering out people that are known to cause problems, it avoids the difficulty of government bureacracy, the problems of legality for denying entry, and simplifies the entire process.

I seriously believe that if there is not something like this in place, that you should contact STINAPA and suggest it. The cost would be low to them, (maintaining a database) and the potential benefit huge. Plus, it doesn't force any operation to take action, but those that publically state they will not do business with those on the STINAPA list will quickly become known as a cut above the rest.

Please, suggest your idea!

Holding a blank, white envelope up against my forehead, I see ..... Problems!!

Case and point, the infamous 'no fly' list. Brilliant idea, badly executed ...

Just a thought, but it would be interesting to see Bonaire and STINPATA place a Most Unwanted poster BON immigration with photos of these perps (eyes covered with a black band to protect ID), along with those of any other diver who have been asked to never return, and a list of the reasons they are no longer welcome on the island (maybe an image of the gloves would also be appropriate! :wink: )

Last edited:
Holding a blank, white envelope up against my forehead, I see ..... Problems!!

Case and point, the infamous 'no fly' list. Brilliant idea, badly executed ...
That's because that's the American Government. :D

I'm sure any reasonably competent organization can filter out people based on things like passport number, or name and hometown. It's not perfect, but it's better than letting boobs like these back.

That's because that's the American Government. :D

I'm sure any reasonably competent organization can filter out people based on things like passport number, or name and hometown. It's not perfect, but it's better than letting boobs like these back.

Did you really have to say the 'G' word??!!

I find this entire thread incredibly ironic.
A couple years ago, I posted a link and some uncomplimentary comments about a video posted on the web site of a well known and popular Hawaiian dive shop who is a regular poster here. The video showed employees of that popular-on-SB-Op molesting an octopus to the point of it inking several times.
It's interesting to compare the weeping and gnashing of teeth in this thread with the total lack of condemnation presented to that dive op.

A couple years ago, I posted a link and some uncomplimentary comments about a video posted on the web site of a well known and popular Hawaiian dive shop who is a regular poster here. The video showed employees of that popular-on-SB-Op molesting an octopus to the point of it inking several times.
It's interesting to compare the weeping and gnashing of teeth in this thread with the total lack of condemnation presented to that dive op.

DD,

It is a case of double standards...or at least consistent stands across the board and applied to everyone.

BTW: Every time I see a post from you I immediately think of a Coor's Tavern Slopper :cheers:

Or perhaps we have moved to embrace a more environmentally friendly attitude:idk: and that thread would receive a totally different reception today:)

Is it still on their website or elsewhere? Post again please!!

Some years ago in the Galapagos, the dive guide and boat crew were killing octos; so we started hiding them, shooing them off when we saw'em. We later talked to the people as I'm sure others did before and after trying to let them know that the guests would rather see than eat the octos.......you know, some people used to ride turtles--and feed spray cheese to tropicals--not anymore! So maybe we go from killing to harassing and poisoning to just sightseeing and shooting pictures.

Back
Top Bottom