Who trained these idiots??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They were catching small marine life and taking pictures. For example, there were several small octopus which were trying to escape and shooting ink. Then there was a large puffer. They grabbed 2 rocks to hold the puffer to avoid the spikes and were all taking photos with it. Other than stuff like that, it looked like they had a good time.

---------- Post added May 18th, 2014 at 01:42 PM ----------

The funny part was seeing all the scuba board members bash the video in the comments.

They were catching small marine life and taking pictures. For example, there were several small octopus which were trying to escape and shooting ink. Then there was a large puffer. They grabbed 2 rocks to hold the puffer to avoid the spikes and were all taking photos with it. Other than stuff like that, it looked like they had a good time.

--

They also hand fed a iguana and proceeded to hold him up by their hands around it's neck.

....and then there was somebody on cam handling a seahorse! Incredibly stupid stuff!!

It should be much harder to get a c-card. What a bunch of idiots.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Maybe dumpsterdiver trained them?

I saw the video; was anything in that video actually illegal? I've never been to Bonaire.

I saw the video; was anything in that video actually illegal? I've never been to Bonaire.

Among other things...gloves, for exactly this reason...

What a bunch of smug, glib and arrogant morons! Too bad they didn't try molesting the barracuda or lionfish.

Edit: The Youtube name is under Chris Hebard. Shouldn't be too hard for STINAPA to find the guy.

Someone of this name posted a video of a Bonaire "dive team" on Vimeo three months ago - Chris Hebard?s Videos on Vimeo

PS They're wearing gloves as it happens...

Among other things...gloves, for exactly this reason...

Gloves.. seriously? They want a government agency to perform an investigation targeting residents of another country for the violation of a law regarding the utilization of a particular type of garment?

It really doesn't matter if there was a law, or what country they are from. They very much violated the Bonaire Marine Park regulations, and likely will not be allowed to enter the country again. At least, that is my hope. Also, whoever issued their BMP tags and did their "orientation" needs to have some major intervention to do a better job in the future. And, it would also be nice if whichever training agency certified them were to point out to their instructor ("Dad"?) that his training is substandard and he is now on report.

"video removed by owner"

Anyone make a copy? Can anyone describe what it was?

I didn't get a chance to download a copy of the YouTube video before they deleted it. (For future reference you can do so using a tool like this.) But their Dive Team Intro video is still up on Vimeo and introduces the entire crew of offending divers. A quick internet search shows that 5 out of 6 in the group share the same last name. (Thanks Facebook.) If the Vimeo video goes missing later I have a copy and am happy to share it with anyone legitimately involved in tracking these divers down and prosecuting them.

Here's a shot snipped from one of their Facebook pages that pretty much explains the recurring theme in the deleted video.

Lauren Hebard.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom