Who wants to go noodling?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divinman:
we would find them in holes along the river bank :wink:

And hope there wasn't a big snapping turtle in the hole?

Damn Reefraf! That thing is a monster!! How many #s was that one??!! Looks like an alligator! :11:

Y'all have a good time, I don't mind a good adventure but I'm not hand fishing for anything that can swallow me whole :wink: Actually I don't rod fish for anything that can swallow me either :biggrin:
Ber :lilbunny:

DavidPT40:
So what are some good lakes in the Kentucky/TN area for noodling? Dale Hollow seemed very clear, but I only saw one catfish there.

Most of the noodling tha I have heard of is done in the creeks and small rivers that flow into the Ohio River. From some stories my brother told me, Ky Lake and Lake Barkley would be possiblities.

some of my family and myself did this last year. there are several boxes in the local lake we dive where flathead make their beds. spearing flathead doesn't come in until a month after regular spearfishing opens. so that gives us a reason to do some noodling

they got some nice flatheads, i've yet to get one since i was the "newbie" and i just got to shine the light.

nontheless, it's fun. and kind of scary. there was one flathead no one would grab because it was so big. honestly, who wants to grab a fish almost as big as you on scuba? It's a deep lake and the fish are gonna go down - if the lake was shallow i wouldn't worry about it so much.

anyways, you start grabbing 20 pounders and that's about all you want to do on scuba. unless you're very experienced at it.

Never thought about it, but I wonder if a 100 pound catfish could drag me 400 feet down in some of the deeper lakes. Probably could only happen if my flippers came off.

So who wants to go noodling ? :)

DavidPT40:
Never thought about it, but I wonder if a 100 pound catfish could drag me 400 feet down in some of the deeper lakes. Probably could only happen if my flippers came off.

So who wants to go noodling ?
icosm14.gif

I'll be glad to join you, but if you don't mind I think I will be the one
standing off shooting the video of the struggle. It could make for a
good post in the future.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom