Who's still interested in a Swampers weekend at Lake Travis May 21-23?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I forgot about SeaSpace. We're volunteers and are obligated to work some of the seminars and stuff.

That brings us to the next date...June 18-20. I think I only saw one person on a trip to Coz that weekend.

How does that work for everyone?

I trust you had a grand time and took tons of pictures for us to look at! I Work, work, work....but now's it's cutting back to about every third weekend, (maybe :eyebrow: )

I "worked" today 'till they said the boat was ready, then had a fill in so Bren and I could head to Jasper to pick it up. We'll have to get plans to da' Beast for building a stout ladder; the optional one looked like a poorly built pool (plastic) ladder. Did the maiden voyage today and it was sweet, flat waters on the ship channel and lake. (Bren pulled a muscle in her neck/back and I took her to the Dr. Thrusday night) She said the ride was just what the Dr. ordered for therapy....ya' know how sunshine and water helps!

Looks like a blow out tomorrow, ya'll batten the hatches and we'll send some pics soon...I'll be looking for COCO 04 on your site soon!

I love ya, (wo)man...... :wink:

edited for spelling...sheeze

Tentatively, I'm going to say OK to June 18-20, as far as my participation is concerned. None of my teams are in the area that weekend and I don't have anything else going on, so for the time being, I'm in. :diver:

BTW -- welcome home, Dee and Beast!! :biggrin2:

Wow! She's a beauty! The layout looks great...lots of room for tanks. :) Maybe it's time for Beast to design a boat geat bench. :wink: Let us know what weekend you're free, I feel a road trip in our future!

We had another great trip. My record as the biggest sea lice magnet is still intact! Between a fall on the boat that pulled something in my knee, camera problems and a housing leak, I missed a few dives. But I got a few good photos. I missed the Whale Shark and Frogfish but at least the rest of the group saw them.

It'll take a few days to get the photos loaded and a trip report done...stay tuned!

BTW...we got your storm about 9pm. Twisty winds, the transformers across the street popping like popcorn! The old silver maple at the corner of the shop is now laying on Beasts truck! Doesn't look like the windshield got broken but I think the mirrors are history. We had planned to dive the lake tomorrow but I guess we'll be cutting up a tree and picking up limbs. It could have been lots worse!

Haha...welcome home to us!

Tony, did I ever tell you that you're my bestest buddy in the whole world? :cheers:

SWEET !!!

the weather hasn't cooperated all day, but we got the maiden voyage in yesterday. (bout 1GPH with 3 onboard with 2 icechests, 24gal fuel/ top speed 18mph) I picked up some fuses last night and tied the depthfinder in to the fuse block (had it wired with the deck lights). The GPS works great so we'll be able to record good spots starting on Toledo Bend and then elsewhere. I guess I should start a thread like UP "help me name by boat", but it's MORE than just a boat! I need to get a solid ladder built and a gear bench that's movable, tank racks and an anchor...vhf...O2....time & money...hehe...

tony

Father's Day is out for us, family plans- it's the only time each year that my dad's family has a reunion, long standing tradition. Besides, the older I get, the smarter and funnier my aunts and uncles become... :eek:)

I'm sure someday soon it will work for us a to make a Swamper's dive. In the meantime, I'll be practicing! We're going to Lake Ouachita in Arkansas June 12-13 with a local group. It's supposed to be very clear. Anyone been there? And Dee, we're going to be in Houston the weekend of May 14-16. We have a martial arts tournament that we will be attending on Sat, but are thinking of diving on Friday the 14, either at Blue Lagoon or Twin Lakes. Any chance of some of you showing us the ropes at one of these places?
Foo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom