Why all-inclusive works for me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mossman, If you get a chance, tell me the name of the guy that works the coffee shop. He was really good to me. Offered to keep the shop open late after I lost a days worth of GoPro footage and my wife freaked out. Being a non-drinker, most of my spanish was practiced with him and Angel from the Oceana restaurant.

I won't cook my girlfriends if you won't kiss your cows.
Hope you continue to have a dive circus, I envy you the tiny frogfish :)
And here I thought when someone had a "smokin' hot" girlfriend, that they had put her on the grill.

Had the grilled octopus appetizer last night, served over romaine lettuce and potato slices with some sort of sweet white sauce. Octopus was good, potato slices not so good. No tongue here, I'm afraid, unless I get lucky :)

How's the weather? TD2 tore up San Pedro a bit.

So far, so good. Last two days have been overcast with a bit of rain which was a relief from several days of blazing sunshine.
Speaking of this sort of thing, I just went to crownweather.com and now they want $10/mo to look at their tropical system specific pages.

Mossman, are you going to update your review of Secrets now that you have been there a while? Lots of the Trip Advisor reviews are pretty hard on them.

Mossman, are you going to update your review of Secrets now that you have been there a while? Lots of the Trip Advisor reviews are pretty hard on them.
I sure will. Heading home tomorrow, a full day of travel. Hope to get some pics up and dive and hotel reviews by Sunday evening. Stay tuned!

But in short, my opinion is that most Trip Advisor reviewers are idiots. There have been a few service glitches and a few food glitches, but for the most part I've been perfectly happy here. Wish I could stay another week now that it seems most of the waiters and bartenders know me by name. Nothing like hearing "hola señor Gregorio" or "hola señor Mossman" wherever I walk around. Drinking my espresso with 43 liqueur right now at the café, the barrista even remembered my room number.

If you have time for two breakfasts (room service or not) and lunch at the hotel youre not diving enough..

---------- Post added June 22nd, 2013 at 12:06 AM ----------

But in short, my opinion is that most Trip Advisor reviewers are idiots...
I particularly like the ones going "not only did I have to pay full price for the meals, but I even had to serve myself".
Good thing they know what a buffet is all about (and how much more expensive it is to serve than 3-course menus)..

If you have time for two breakfasts (room service or not) and lunch at the hotel youre not diving enough..

I particularly like the ones going "not only did I have to pay full price for the meals, but I even had to serve myself".
Good thing they know what a buffet is all about (and how much more expensive it is to serve than 3-course menus)..
No buffet at Secrets, though you have access to Sunscape next door and its buffet restaurant. I think they had a buffet continental breakfast set up at one of the restaurants there, but that didn't start until 7 am, while room service full breakfasts began at 6. Much easier to call in my order at 6:30 or 6:45, giving me plenty of time to get the camera ready, get myself ready, and get to the dock on time.

Would usually make lunch around 2:30, after my post-dive two beer ritual, rinsing the camera in the shower, and showering myself as well. Got in an average of a little over 2 hours of bottom time per day, not much by liveaboard standards, but good enough for me for a land-based trip. Last dive was 86 min at Columbia Shallows. I cut it short a bit, actually running low on air by that time due to shooting the macro critters in the first half of the dive (lots of blenny shots, and some tiny painted elysia that are always frustrating to shoot in a current).

Back
Top Bottom