Why are some tanks more expensive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mstachowsky

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
'K' valves are different, Sherwood and thermo delux, the difference is only around 16 $ though, the one with Thermo delux is in fact cheaper after discount

Oh I see, so it's the valve, and not really the tank, that changes the price? If so, that would make a LOT more sense...

MIKE

This has to be a mix up. The XS price sounds like ti fits a XS steel 80. No way would I pay that kind of difference. All that said, I always recommend that you look for tanks locally. This is one item that the shipping costs can eat up any savings.

I suspect the problem is the business model of Scuba.com. I believe they are just taking a cut and passing the order on to the actual supplier who apparently have very different prices for very similar products.

shop around more.

I've tried shopping at Scuba.com and I just can't do it. I'll search for an item and get 50 results but there's no column headers to do sorting on. Makes it impossible to want to dig through it.

I believe they are just taking a cut and passing the order on to the actual supplier who apparently have very different prices for very similar products.

shop around more.

One word: LeisurePro.

---------- Post Merged at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:22 PM ----------

I always recommend that you look for tanks locally. This is one item that the shipping costs can eat up any savings.

LeisurePro ships the tanks for free.

The problem with LeisurePro is that you'll have to spend another $20 to get the tank re-vis'd once you put the tank valve back on. And even if you didn't... who wants to be the one with the big scarlet letter (LP) on their tank everytime they are getting their tank filled at the LDS.

That and your LDS might have a fill card special that makes up for the difference.

The problem with LeisurePro is that you'll have to spend another $20 to get the tank re-vis'd once you put the tank valve back on. And even if you didn't... who wants to be the one with the big scarlet letter (LP) on their tank everytime they are getting their tank filled at the LDS.

That and your LDS might have a fill card special that makes up for the difference.

When I purchased my first tank, the LDS charged me additionally for the VIP and then just slapped the sticker on the tank. So an LDS may charge for a VIP on the tanks they sell also. LeisurePro only collects sales tax in New York so that is additional savings.

Back
Top Bottom