Why are you a Zeagle customer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wjrussell

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
In general I am not brand-loyal. When I buy something, I try to get an item that best fits my needs. But, when it comes to scuba gear, I buy Zeagle and here is why.

I originally bought two Zeagle regulators because I read great feedback from happy customers (right here on SB). Also, I am very mechanical by trade and wanted the flexibility of servicing my own gear (not dead yet, by the way). Over time I ended up buying a total of four regulators for my family and we happily dove them with no issues.

I became a Zeagle fanatic due to my own stupidity. One day while servicing one of my regulators, I got a bit too aggressive and damaged the threads on a diaphragm clamping ring (don't worry if you don't know what it is). I told several old-timers about it and poked around a bit to find a new clamp ring. Everyone I talked to said that I was doomed and would need to buy a new regulator. I was told that the price of the part would be so high that the regulator would not be worth fixing.

Instead of throwing my regulator away, I called up Zeagle Express and explained to them my situation. Gene at Zeagle Express got me a new clamp ring at about half the price I expected (and much much less than the price of a new reg). To make a long story short, my prized Zeagle regulator is back in the water.

In the modern Sprawlmart-world, I am glad that there is a company offering such great customer service. Zeagle is now the only company that I recommend to people. I don't know of many companies (even beyond the diving world) that offer such exemplary service.

To the crew at Zeagle: Thanks for taking care of the little guys. As long as you maintain stellar customer service, I will nudge new divers your way. And eventually, if my Zeagle gear ever wears out (not likely), I know where to go for gear.

That is my Zeagle story, what is yours?

Thats great to hear and good on you for taking the extra time to figure out how the gear is put together. I think a lot of divers dont know ENOUGH about their gear and how it works. Im not at all saying that if you dont take apart your gear you dont know how to use it; to the contrary. I know how to use my gear well but I dont know how to take it apart and put it back together. What I am saying is that some new divers just rely on the gear to do what it says and do not spend enough time playing with it and learning about it. Too many times we read about divers unfortunately dying because they were unfamiliar with their gear, or new gear they were using, and had a situation they could not recover from. Really sad.

Sorry about the rant. Too many bad things happening to divers recently is on my mind thats all.

BTW, I am looking at getting into Zeagle gear because I like the ease of use it offers plus the many ways that you can customize your rig based on your preferences. But THAT kind of commitment takes lots of $$$ so I am saving NOW to make the transition as soon as possible.

Just my $0.02

:D

I hope to have a story like yours soon. My wing is in for repair, we'll see how it goes.

Zeagle customer service came through for me, too. Some stitching came loose on my Brigade and they took excellent care of it, adding extra reinforcement, even.

But my best Zeagle story didn't happen to me. A vet, who'd lost his right arm in the Middle East, posted here on ScubaBoard that he was interested in a Ranger and wanted to know from Ranger owners if they thought he'd be able to use the ripcord system with his left arm.

Scott Zeagle saw this and offered to make him a custom BC, with a left handed ripcord system and to sew his unit patch on next to the U.S. flag, at no additional cost.

The vet hadn't even asked for anything, other than advise from Zeagle owners.

Way to go Zeagle!

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More than 12 years diving with an indestructible Ranger without a single problem.

Im on my 2nd zeagle, First was a Night Runner that all the velcro was worn on, a weight pocket was starting to rip off, and it was faded brown. Zeagle extimated 100 for repair including shipping so since it was ugly i figured buy a new Ranger. I love Zeagle BC's

In general I am not brand-loyal. When I buy something, I try to get an item that best fits my needs. But, when it comes to scuba gear, I buy Zeagle and here is why.

I originally bought two Zeagle regulators because I read great feedback from happy customers (right here on SB). Also, I am very mechanical by trade and wanted the flexibility of servicing my own gear (not dead yet, by the way). Over time I ended up buying a total of four regulators for my family and we happily dove them with no issues.

I became a Zeagle fanatic due to my own stupidity. One day while servicing one of my regulators, I got a bit too aggressive and damaged the threads on a diaphragm clamping ring (don't worry if you don't know what it is). I told several old-timers about it and poked around a bit to find a new clamp ring. Everyone I talked to said that I was doomed and would need to buy a new regulator. I was told that the price of the part would be so high that the regulator would not be worth fixing.

Instead of throwing my regulator away, I called up Zeagle Express and explained to them my situation. Gene at Zeagle Express got me a new clamp ring at about half the price I expected (and much much less than the price of a new reg). To make a long story short, my prized Zeagle regulator is back in the water.

In the modern Sprawlmart-world, I am glad that there is a company offering such great customer service. Zeagle is now the only company that I recommend to people. I don't know of many companies (even beyond the diving world) that offer such exemplary service.

To the crew at Zeagle: Thanks for taking care of the little guys. As long as you maintain stellar customer service, I will nudge new divers your way. And eventually, if my Zeagle gear ever wears out (not likely), I know where to go for gear.

That is my Zeagle story, what is yours?

Both Zeagle and Zeagle Express have a history of good customer service. I have had experience with both. However you seem to be confusing them as one in the same . Although both are in Zephyrhills, Zeagle Express is an independent authorized dealer, the web presence for Aquatic Adventures.

Both Zeagle and Zeagle Express have a history of good customer service. I have had experience with both. However you seem to be confusing them as one in the same . Although both are in Zephyrhills, Zeagle Express is an independent authorized dealer, the web presence for Aquatic Adventures.

~~~The More You Know~~~★

Thanks for the correction. I just assumed that the businesses were married. So, to add credit where credit is due. Thanks to Zeagle Systems for making great gear that holds up amazingly well and for making parts available to the masses (not just the dealers). Big thanks to Zeagle Express for taking care of me when I do stupid things to my gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom