Why are you called.....The Great Screen Name Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Adder: From the puff adder, shortened to make easier log on. I like snakes, but everone has Rattler, or Copperhead, or Cottonmouth, or other US snakes, so this made for a unique take on the snake name thing. Then I heard about death adders, and I felt the name really worked. It did get tiring for a while constantly telling people that it had no relation to Black Adder. I thought about going by White Adder, but too many people might consider it racist, and besides I do like Rowan Atkinson. I still think about using it just to get reactions from "people who represent the supposed ideals of those with genetic origins in the African continent" (is that PC enough?) and to tell them that it has nothing to do with race but with separating myself from Black Adder, who is ironically a "white" man.

Then again, most US people do NOT get irony... (Maybe they do, but they see the opportunity to "take offense" and get money, so they pretend offense for financial gain.)

I added the 70 because I was born in 1970 and many people use adder. OK, so maybe it wasn't such a unique take. :doh:

I lived in St. Thomas for 2 years,, the the first Gulf War came and I hopped a Kuwaiti tanker for four months, then went down to South America. When I came home, my friends threw a party with a big bonfire where we sat around drinking and telling stories. Toward the end of the night, one of my friends, who was a little into the wind at the time, started calling me the Dread Pirate Reed (after The Princess Bride character). It stuck and my friends still call me that, although my family will call me Papa Reed or Cap'n.

because my real name:

"Don Marcos Lopez Garcia de las Casas-Sanchez de Santa Ana" Takes a little too long to write and may make me look pretentious.

PHAZESHYFT -
normally spelled Phaseshift - Is a physics term describing the behavior of a certain circuit on a wave funtion.

Basically i was trying to figure out a new nick as i was pretty tired of my five year old "tocopheryl" which is Vitamin E.
i opened up my old college physics electronics book and flipped around for a few minutes. the spelling just looks kewl.

Have you ever wondered where some of our SB buddies get their names, I sure do..

In my case, I am a pretty small gal, kinda pixie like and of cource I love Scuba! I am also a pisces... thus AquaPixie.

My old nick name used to be Wild Red - but I wont go there :wink:

Anyone else care to share?

If you get a chance to push open the window of your experiences all the way, you may come to an underwater canyon, that disappears before you into an indigo-blue valley beyond which only the orcas and the great whales may play. You, unfortunately will need to monitor your depth gauge, clock, and SPG instead.

Name >>> Rich
Home>>> NC
put it together....

RICHinNC......d'oh!

Back
Top Bottom