Why are you called.....The Great Screen Name Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishkiller

Contributor
Reaction score
Mesa Arizona, The all beach no ocean state.
# of dives
100 - 199
I call myself Fishkiller. How did I decided on that name?

During the summer of 1998 I was on the quest for a world record fish, as recorded by the National Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame, one of two world fishing record keepers. I spent many hours of each day fishing, I was feared by duck and fish alike. Then one fine day I held in my hands a average White Amur, 14 pounds 8 ounces that was caught on 2# test line. (all tackle record for a White Amur is over 65 pounds)After going through all the required elements for World Record Status I was very happy.
My cousin Kristopher, age 3 at the time, after being told by his mother look at what your uncle has? looked up at me and said "you killed the fish", his mother my kind dear sister,(at that time) then added "yeah you're a FISHKILLER".

The nickname has stuck.

What's your story?

Used to do some gaming on the net. It was a popular practice for America vs. Canada games, so I tried to chose something that would identify me as a Canuck, but at the same time be a little bit different.

I chose "Fishkiller" for my name, but someone got there before me. Then I selected "Iguana Don" and ditto. So I got out the dart board and up came Joewr...that was amazing since my first name is "Joe" and my other initials are "W" and "R"! But it was purely by chance, I swear!

Joewr...wondering if someone would like to buy a bridge...I have two: one near San Francisco and one near Brooklyn...

My by-line says it all... it's the name of the company I own... or is it the company that owns me???

:tease:

but since I presently live in southern california and because I pretend to be a diver, thus socaldiver.

But I have a problem, it appears that next week I am going to be moving to the Tampa area, something called a job. So can I change my name to tampaareadiver or maybe warmwaterwussie (sorry Joewr, don't mean to offend anyone :wink: ), but then I could be the decrepidoldman.

Duca... Because "GuywhoridesaDucatianddives" seemed a bit much.

I chose my screen name here because of the other activity that means so much in my life : FOOTBALL! I am a devoted Seattle Seahawk fan.

so I will need to explain a few things first. 1. I have never been convicted of ANY crimes. 2, I do not use or support the use of any illegal substance. now, with the disclaimer out of the way...

I'll start with the G,
My name is Greg and in grade school there were two Gregs in my class and I became "G".

"EZG"- Afew years back I spent a lot of time in the nudey bars of south Louisiana. In one of my regular spots a problem developed. It seemed that some one was putting something in the girls drinks that something was GammaHydraBlutinal(aka."GHB", aka "G")and some one started a rumor that it was I that was the culprit. After they found they real scumbag we add the "EZ" to jokingly mean that i was an easy place to get som "G" hince "EZG"

"MRMR"- this part just sounds cool.

was sitting here trying to decide what i should go by, looking at my book self... Desert Solitaire by Edward Abbey, is a book about his solitary journey in a Utah national park, it struck that i am about to begin a solitary journey in what would be the other extreme enviroment, from no water to all water...

nal

Abby,

It's a good thing that you did not select "The Monkey Wrench Gang"! I cannot imagine what kind of damage you could have done to the Board had you done that!

Joewr...thinking about the Canyonlands,a place where one can scuba without water...mentally, that is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom