Why do "new post" searches always contain 17 pages?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bobert

Contributor
Reaction score
I have noticed over the last couple of weeks that every time I check for new posts the result is always 17 pages whether I have been gone 6 hours or 6 days. Is it just me, incredible coincidence or is there another reason? By the way the problem with not staying logged on and having to re-login seems to have abated within the last week, thanks guys if it was something you did.

Are you closing the browser in between new post checks?

Could it have anything to do with 17 pages X 15 threads/page = 255 threads? Now that I think about it, I don't recall ever seeing the page count exceed 17 although I've certainly seen fewer (as I tend to do "Mark Forums Read" when I get to the end).

I know that numbers around 2^n always make *me* suspicious.

-Rob

I've noticed the same thing! I just noticed that myself, but since I haven't been on much lately, I thought it was just a coincidence. I'm interested to hear the answer...

There is a max results of 250 posts or 17 pages worth of replies. If you search for something more specific you will get fewer results.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom