Why do we Dive????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why I dive... I've been trying to pinpoint that one myself and by George I think I've got it! I wrote this a little bit ago as I searched for a good diving quote and couldn't find an appropriate one (not that, er, 'inappropriate' one's are bad by any means, rather the opposite. I was searching for one a bit more philosophical). Here goes:

I stand with my heels over the edge of the ship and feel the weight of my tanks pull me backwards, giving myself up as the ocean gently lures me into her cool embrace. Immediately upon immersion my eyes close as the sounds of the former world evaporate, only to be replaced by the orchestral rhythm of the water’s movement, and peaceful inner silence. It is here in this weightless moment that the soul starts to speak to you, and you feel who you truly are.

Save all the lofty, nobel reasons....
We all know it's just a pathetic attempt to return to the womb.

All of the above, PLUS... Big PLUS...
Have you ever dived in a really cold water and then..... you let nature take her course and that warm yellow water in your wet suit just travel all over and warm you all over ?!!!! :)....
Ok, ok, not as poetic as others but you know what I mean... You can never describe that feeling until you experience it yourself.... :).

So few people get to do it, that its an absolute priviledge. I love the feeling of being somewhere and going places that so few people ever get to visit. I love the idea of adventure on the weekends, when the weekdays are full of office walls and computer monitors. My favorite part, the freefall from a boat dive onto a wreck or a reef. Nothing like it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom