Why do we hate the Air2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I call for a closing of this thread. It has far to many posts for the normal reader to sort through.
If someone has a question about Air 2's I think it be better to start a new post with the asker's specific question to address.
So you want to undo 350 posts of progress, kill the thread and then allow it to be reincarnated? I'd rather just feel free to ignore this one.

... I'd like to see an Air2 explode ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

So Bob, when you have the next Pacific Northwest séance and commune with the spirit of Jerry Garcia, ask him for me why he was using an Air2.
garciakidd.jpg

So Bob, when you have the next Pacific Northwest séance and commune with the spirit of Jerry Garcia, ask him for me why he was using an Air2.
View attachment 101213

Probably not a good example ... Jerry also used heroin ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I hear it's a blanket policy not to use heroin below 100' for fear of being narced. Can't anyone think for themselves anymore???

oceanic excursion, havent used it in an ooa sit yet but have switched just to see that i was comfy with it and i am

... I'd like to see an Air2 explode ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
I have one somewhere that I would donate to allow you this simple pleasure.
I bought it used, fresh out of OW class, thought it was coolest thing.
Never got it wet. The reg guy at my LDS was a darkside Tech Diver, Pull me aside
and convinced me to not rebuild/use it.

One of the theories is that the use of an Air 2 as an inflator will keep it flushed out and ready for use as an octo - unlike a conventional octo.

It's a great theory, it just doesn't always work that way. This is the Dive Rite version - one that came in the shop for servicing:

View attachment 100586
WOW!! That diver must have had pea soup for lunch and a rough boat ride that day.

I completed my Rescue Diver course last weekend and was able to observe a diver, using an Air 2, practice sharing air on an ascent in cold water from 30'. She had to remove the Air 2 from her mouth to dump air from the BC to avoid a runaway ascent.

I don't know if this is normal, or complicated by the simulated OOG diver, but I crossed it off of my desireable equipment list.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom