Why doesn't PADI manufacture dive gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Feeding the troll are we? :p

I've still got a few breadcrumbs left after finding my way out of the Censorship Thread.

Halcyon does make the best gear. Can Oceanic claim that they were used on the GUE dives? No. Can Scubapro claim that? No! Only Halcyon can. They are the best by far. From their regulators, to BC's, inflators, and drysuits, Halcyon is the best by far.

I am saying that PADI would make the best gear if they in fact made gear (I have looked through my PADI Instructor catalogue. Other than some hats they don't. Unfortunately)

Arsonist? I am not the one calling people names like you below. Sorry to offend you so much. I didn't realize that you were the only one allowed to post questions on this board.:mooner:

I have a few thoughts...

First one is that you enjoy trolling. Several of the posts you've made since your arrival seem to be aimed at stirring controversy. It seems like just yesterday you were pontificating about getting a home equity loan to by Halcyon gear since it "is the best made and doesn't lose it's value." Now you're wanting PADI to make gear; perhaps you're interested in a double mortgage?

Second is that you have an offbeat, although somewhat entertaining outlook on things.

Third, you'd make a good arsonist. You set fires, then just sit back and watch. Most of the threads you've started you don't participate in. You just strike the match then watch them burn.

But thats just off the top of my head. Let me think about it some more and I'll get back to you... :wink:

Someone has to try and put the fire out :blinking:

Halcyon does make the best gear. Can Oceanic claim that they were used on the GUE dives? No. Can Scubapro claim that? No! Only Halcyon can. They are the best by far. From their regulators, to BC's, inflators, and drysuits, Halcyon is the best by far.

I am saying that PADI would make the best gear if they in fact made gear (I have looked through my PADI Instructor catalogue. Other than some hats they don't. Unfortunately)

Arsonist? I am not the one calling people names like you below. Sorry to offend you so much. I didn't realize that you were the only one allowed to post questions on this board.:mooner:

Hmmm, I wonder if any of them used ScubaPro Jet Fins...?

And I didn't call you an arsonist, I used it as an analogy. Nor am I offended. Actually I find most of your questions so far pretty entertaining.

However, you asked for thoughts. Don't be upset when the ones you're given aren't the ones you had in mind.

This has to be a troll. He says he is a PADI instructor but for agency he lists " GUE of course". and he's a DIR fundies diver or so he says. As to Halcyon being the best it's certainly some of the most expensive. But then again a Hummer H2 costs alot of money but doesn't have half the cargo room of my GMC Envoy so to me it's worthless. And as for PADI's hats they suck too. Ordered a DM hat when I got DM so that it would be easy for students to spot me. Well DM is on the back for chrissakes in small letters that blend in real well with the hat while PADI's logo is real big on the front. I haven't worn or even seen it in a long time and I'm not broken up over it. Rather have a generic with Divemaster. AI. or Instructor on the front so I don't look like a friggin billboard. ANd yeah they are more about publications than instruction. Instruction is just to sell more stuff. My YMCA instructor materials are not costing me as much as the retail on a PADI instructor manual. My NAUI was even less. I traded for it. PADI OW,AOW and DM course outlines. PDF files rock.

151cf0812c01f02e355d9fe92638573a.jpg

Maybe the head PADI considers it to be a conflict of interest to both run a certifying agency and be CEO of a related equipment manufacturer.

:rofl3:

First off can you please show me a link to a Halcyon regulator or drysuit? I've never seen one. Secondly the GUE guys use Scubapro regulators for the most part. The gear doesn't make the diver, just like how the wrench doesn't make the mechanic. They are just tools to let each respective person do their job. I have no doubts that the GUE would have been as sucessful with any number of manufacturer's gear. Finally, what in the friggen world makes you think that a bunch of guys that write dive courses know a damn thing about engineering/machining/metallurgy etc. IF PADI chose to make gear, they would likely have to poach engineers from some other already existing dive gear manufacturer. Final point, do you're homework before you come to class.

Back
Top Bottom