Why don't women's wetsuits have relief zippers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heck, just get yourself a zipper installed (just like the boys have) and pick yourself up one of these for use on land.

(No, I don't have one yet, but I think I'm gonna get me one...)

k

Has anyone used a Sani-fem Freshette or something like it before (or do I need to do a discussion search...forgive me b/c I'm new here!)?

I recreationally dive in a drysuit in the Pacific NW on a 19' foot boat all day with no head and male dive buddies...It's always interesting when nature calls, so I am always open to alternative methods! :)

LOL, anytime i have to put on my wetsuit to dive, i drink all the water my body will hold right before the dive so when i get in the "cold" water i can piss and get warm. like someone earlier said, there are 2 types of divers, those that admit that they piss in their wetsuit and those that lie and say they never have. :)

steve

agreed steve. Piss has for too long been denied it's rightful place at the scuba table. You can think of it as God's tribute to wetsuit divers. It's all a ecocycle...a continuum...an unbroken circle. Warm too...

raviepoo once bubbled...
Am I crazy? Ladies, if you had a 6 inch zipper running along the crotch seam between your legs would you open it to pee under water? Would you look at me funny if you saw me do this?

Ravie - check out this thread. It gives a link to a company that makes custom suits that DO offer a zipper as you describe.

Reading the text on the site the zipper may not be there for the reason you want, but it's there. :wink:

Marc

My sweetie gets a little frisky under the water when no one else is around. I'm afraid of what might happen if I wore one of those suits.

I think I'd also be a little embarrased wearing it on the boat with a conspicuous black zipper you-know-where. At least with a black suit the zipper wouldn't stand out like a sore, uh, thumb.

Dive_Girl PNW once bubbled...
Has anyone used a Sani-fem Freshette or something like it before (or do I need to do a discussion search...forgive me b/c I'm new here!)?

I recreationally dive in a drysuit in the Pacific NW on a 19' foot boat all day with no head and male dive buddies...It's always interesting when nature calls, so I am always open to alternative methods! :)
I bought it when I was training for and climbed Denali. It's easy to use, works awesome and is good for some really puzzled "glances":D .

If you go to this website www.nrscatalog.com they have a womens 3ml farmer john with a relief zipper. When you go to the website go to sale items and you will find it there. Happy Shopping:cheer:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom