Why I don't dive with Dive Paradise.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am one of those that dive twice a year because that is what I can do. I think those who are so self absorbed they cannot deal with the majority of folks, those who only get a chance to dive once or twice a year such as yourself truly belong at a different dive op, so for that I thank you. I am glad that you are wealthy enough that cost means nothing to you, congratulations on your success and thanks again for going elsewhere. Frankly I prefer to be with folks who realize they are not any better than others. For a while I thought you were a troll. Now I know your are not. Thanks for clarifying that as well. Have a nice life there in the ivory tower. I was wondering, what dive op do you generally use? I would like to know so that I don't ever run the risk spoiling any or your obviously more valuable time.

Oh Please.....

The DMs aren't there to massage you and feed you hummingbird wings on toast during your sit interval.

Really? Yours doesn't do that? Hmmm. Maybe you should diving with us sometime? Do you like white or wheat?:angel2:

Really? Yours doesn't do that? Hmmm. Maybe you should diving with us sometime? Do you like white or wheat?:angel2:
What? You got toast?? :shocked2: All we got was cake! I keep telling you to change your dates cv, and get on the boat with us!! :D

Silliest thread I have ever seen on the Coz forum. Maybe he meant to add it to that bad report another guy gave on the Op?

What's the difference if somebody posts a glowing review, the opposite or somewhere in the middle of a dive op? Why are some people just so offended that somebody might not like their favorite dive op? You've got an opinion, he's got an opinion, they've got an opinion, everybodies got an opinion, what's wrong with somebody voicing it? Why get snippey and sarcastic over it? In any market place, be it Cozumel dive ops or something else, there are service providers who target a certain customer, not every dive op is going to be the perfect match for every customer. It's no different then the reason we have Fords, Chevys, Lexus, Mercedes, used cars, new cars, electric cars, diesel cars, mini vans, sports cars, trucks.... you put out a product to the market to attract the customer you want to cater to, customers investigate your offer and decide whether you fit what they want or not. Dive Paradise caters to a different customer then Aldora, as Aldora caters to a different customer then Dive with Martin, as Dive with Martin does so compared to Blue XT Sea, as they do compared to Aqua Safari, as they do to B&B Divers...Sure there is an overlap in customer base, but people dive with whom they dive with for their reasons. People have a list of personal hot buttons, wants and needs, some have to do with service, some price, some boats, some equipment, location, etc. Dive Paradise isn't the perfect dive op for everyone, if they were then there wouldn't be the hundreds of others that exist on Cozumel, they'd all be run out of business by Dive Paradise by now. Darol doesn't care for them, he's tried them out and found another that suits him better, what's the big deal?

What's the difference if somebody posts a glowing review, the opposite or somewhere in the middle of a dive op? Why are some people just so offended that somebody might not like their favorite dive op? You've got an opinion, he's got an opinion, they've got an opinion, everybodies got an opinion, what's wrong with somebody voicing it? Why get snippey and sarcastic over it? In any market place, be it Cozumel dive ops or something else, there are service providers who target a certain customer, not every dive op is going to be the perfect match for every customer. It's no different then the reason we have Fords, Chevys, Lexus, Mercedes, used cars, new cars, electric cars, diesel cars, mini vans, sports cars, trucks.... you put out a product to the market to attract the customer you want to cater to, customers investigate your offer and decide whether you fit what they want or not. Dive Paradise caters to a different customer then Aldora, as Aldora caters to a different customer then Dive with Martin, as Dive with Martin does so compared to Blue XT Sea, as they do compared to Aqua Safari, as they do to B&B Divers...Sure there is an overlap in customer base, but people dive with whom they dive with for their reasons. People have a list of personal hot buttons, wants and needs, some have to do with service, some price, some boats, some equipment, location, etc. Dive Paradise isn't the perfect dive op for everyone, if they were then there wouldn't be the hundreds of others that exist on Cozumel, they'd all be run out of business by Dive Paradise by now. Darol doesn't care for them, he's tried them out and found another that suits him better, what's the big deal?

I agree completely - everyone has their own likes & dislikes - some really like the socializing & relaxation on the big boats, others really like the small fast boats with no more than 5-6 divers on a dive. But if you are going to post review of a Dive Operator, at least include specifics - Why do you you really like a given Operator? Why did you NOT like the Operator? What is it that that operator does differently than others? That way, these reviews just might be of some use to others on the Board. If the specific reasons you liked or disliked a given Op are important issues to me personally, or if I consider them trivialities, then I can judge how to use your review. And please, try and avoid the vauge innuendo - don't refer to "questionable activities", because I have no idea what you mean; I'll likely assume that you are just trying to badmouth an Op for some meaningless slight, and ignore the review entirely.

What? You got toast?? :shocked2: All we got was cake! I keep telling you to change your dates cv, and get on the boat with us!! :D

Were you on the Dive with Alison boat that had all the birthday cake on their SI a couple weeks ago. Looked good!

operates.

The point of the original post was just to say, there are much better choices than DP, the other poster who was treated unfairly by SB inspired me to join in and say why I don't care to
use Dive Paradise, sorry it deterioated ....
You have heard the phrase "damned with faint praise", haven't you? Despite your attempts to soft pedal your criticism, it comes across (to me, anyway) as a deliberate potshot at the op and by extension everyone who dives with them. I think the aspect of what you have said that most folks who object to it are taking issue with is your air of absolutism. DP is in fact the best op for many folks who are neither "newbees" nor don't know any better, as evidenced by the large numbers of people who dive with them who are neither of those things. You can't argue with success.

BTW, DP is not my op of choice, either. Another op is better for me, but DSFDF and YMMV.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom