Why I'm returning my Scubapro Hydros Pro.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The logos on my gear are not as bad as I thought when I read this thread.
HLSLXW.jpg

Hollis wing

2017-10-03-17-26-52-jpg.428931.jpg

Freedom Plate (no logo)

s-l1600.jpg

Waterproof drysuit (more logos than I like, but not too flashy)

Black_130aa2d5-f95b-49b2-9ceb-8e07fc49ccd5.jpg

Jetfins. It's hard to see the logo underwater.

Scubapro is “the” brand when it comes to scuba diving. For every person who doesn’t buy it because it has too many logos, probably 5 people are buying it because OF the logos.

Scubapro is “the” brand when it comes to scuba diving. For every person who doesn’t buy it because it has too many logos, probably 5 people are buying it because OF the logos.
I don’t know about Scubapro being “the” brand, they probably think they are, but I think it is quite possible to be completely outfitted and do the highest level dives with zero Scubapro gear.

I don’t know about Scubapro being “the” brand, they probably think they are, but I think it is quite possible to be completely outfitted and do the highest level dives with zero Scubapro gear.

Obviously true. But they have the marketing edge and that’s undeniable.

I feel your pain. Anyone raised a certain way cannot help being embarrassed by large prominent logos... they are not “classy”. I use a seam ripper to remove tags from clothing, or cut them very close.

My Xdeep Ghost has some xdeep and 'X's on it, but I don't mind. It even came with a sheet with several 'X' and Xdeep stickers, which I have no idea what to do with.
To be honest, I don't think it would have ever crossed my mind to return a BCD for excessive logo-ing though.

If you like the bc, besides careful use of a seam ripper or scissors, a little black paint might give you a custom “stealth” hydros.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom