Why is a good idea to do night dives in Lembeh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interceptor121

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Following my trip I would encourage anyone who does not really like night dives to do as many as possible in Lembeh

Night dives are quite deep and similar to normal day dives and have a lot of action

I tried to summarize what is going here look for yourself!

[youtubehq]xjNJAk4qfMg[/youtubehq]

On a night dive off Lembeh Island side at a site called PANTAI PARIGI we saw a large crab spawning. Another night dive while being guided by Opo (then at Two Fish Lembeh) a stargazer snake eel which was buried in the sand and then shot straight up between the legs of Opo. Opo was laughing the rest of the dive. Another good reason to do night dives in Lembeh is unlike Bunaken with big tide changes, it is not problem in Lembeh, so you can easily go anytime at night. [h=3][/h]

That is some pretty amazing filming, and well worth 3:30 :D
What was that "jack in the box" fellow at 1:50??

Awesome video!!!!! Brings back a lot of good memories of Lembeh night dives!!! Loved it!!!!!

That is some pretty amazing filming, and well worth 3:30 :D
What was that "jack in the box" fellow at 1:50??

That's a bobbit worm. Didn't manage to film one eating but discovered a rather weird behaviour using the lights

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom