Why is Kinghorn 800ft from ice exit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John H. Moore:
Could someone kindly explain or point to a resource which will answer why you are 800ft from the ice entry/exit point once on the Kinghorn wreck? Why not make your hole in the ice closer to the wreck?

Thanks!

The ice in the river can be a little unpredictable. Plus there is a nice big hole by the boat ramp. A large cruise boat is moored there for the winter. It has a bubbling system under it to keep the ice out. It is very convenient and it gives us a prime opportunity to practice our Cave skills

JamesP:
The ice in the river can be a little unpredictable. Plus there is a nice big hole by the boat ramp. A large cruise boat is moored there for the winter. It has a bubbling system under it to keep the ice out. It is very convenient and it gives us a prime opportunity to practice our Cave skills

It's pretty unpredictiable on Saturday there was about a 20ft opening just past the Kinghorn with skidooers and 4 wheelers having a great time. On Sunday there was a 400 foot gap and "weak" spots closer to shore, some about 5 feet from fresh skidoo tracks.

One time we dove the there was no ice to be seen, when we returned there was ice formed and drifted in up to 200 feet from shore.

Tom R:
One time we dove the there was no ice to be seen, when we returned there was ice formed and drifted in up to 200 feet from shore.

I had forgotten that one

Make sure Dan gives you a refresher Tom :)

teheheh

So when ya gonna drown me?

I ain't coming up until spring!

Yeah, that's it, my suit's out for repair too, and then my tanks will be broken down for vis......yeah, that's the ticket.......

I'm sure you're gonna get the last laugh eventually. Sooner or later I'll have to get some real training with the GUE guys, and you'll have all the fun ensuring I fail at least 3 times, with all the video mysteriously posted on the web entitiled, "things not to do" :)

I think it's gonna cost me large.

DeepScuba:

teheheh

Yeah, that's it, my suit's out for repair too, and then my tanks will be broken down for vis......yeah, that's the ticket.......

I'm sure you're gonna get the last laugh eventually. Sooner or later I'll have to get some real training with the GUE guys, and you'll have all the fun ensuring I fail at least 3 times, with all the video mysteriously posted on the web entitiled, "things not to do" :)

You have to learn how to swim first

DeepScuba:

teheheh

Actually the video will make it in to my private stash

Back
Top Bottom