Why our Dive Industry does not get too much exposure in North America?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not surprised if they moved on since this thread was highjacked and veered onto several other directions. Your recent posts as well as another PPD member's post have somewhat brought it back in course again. It is quite sad though that some PPD members did not find this thread worthwhile. They did find it very thought-provoking though. So though-provoking that some were very intimidated (don't ask me why, it was a strange reaction). My responses may have come across as very idealistic and aggressive but such is my passion for the sad plight of my mother country and its citizens.

Welcome to the PPD. Feel free to take the drama to the conservation forum. I moved to Canada when I was grade 8, but I didn't forget the Filipino nature: they always manage a smile under any circumstance. They are welcoming and people are not strangers for long.

Maybe you can lighten up and get to know us too?

edit: read my previous post edit.

Zee, no one is telling people what to do. <SNIP> And Maggie, if you don't have anything good to say, please shut up. You are ruining an otherwise good discussion.

:dork2:

--

The nature of conversation is that it will wander, the points about the US are being repeated now, so there's little more to glean from here at the moment. Last i checked the conversation had moved on to girls in clubs in Makati, i believe this is where many tourists end up, so is a valuable aspect of Philippine tourism.

If you don't like what I am saying, just ignore it. Don't take it personally.

And Maggie, if you don't have anything good to say, please shut up. You are ruining an otherwise good discussion.

two contradicting statement, dude.

as much as i want to shut up (and i did until you start dragging my supposed-to-be last statement over and over again) and give SIMON the time of his life (oh, Simon! that would make you really happy, right? :rofl2:), i couldn't. and really, bisugo, seriously, chill. you really are talking about something YOU DO NOT ****ING KNOW ABOUT.

i'd buy you a ticket to PI just so u can do just one friggin dive here so you would understand what we are all trying to tell you.... but then, on second thought, why waste my money on that? :shakehead:

but oh! why am i stirring the pot? oh, i know why, because the pot is calling the kettle black.

what an exciting world. :inlove:

Oi, i was on your 'side'...

you angry little banshee... :p

but....but...but... think of PPD forum without me. better yet, a Dive-o-rama without having to hear my yakking.... you would LOVE that, don't you? :rofl2:

Bisugo - rather than quote back and forth.. I think this is the point a lot of people are trying to make...

WE ALL CARE ABOUT PI! We really do - the fact that so many of the PPD have posted on this thread, AND kept it on topic for about 250 of the 300+ posts - that is a miracle in itself. Viewpoints differ, differing viewpoints do not signify either side as idiots.

Your cozy 700sqfoot Villa in North Am looks mighty fine to those in the PI struggling to get by on $10 a day or less. I'm sure you worked hard for it, but its hard to see from the other side. It's easy to throw ideas from the other side of the world from your PC, not so easy on the ground where the locals are working their butts off.

You mention you have plans in the pipeline, great - it's the first I have heard of it - maybe I forgot, maybe it wasn't mentioned, maybe I missed the post, either way, I applaud you for that and I hope it makes a difference, and your plans will be everything you hoped when they are complete.

But seriously, chill a bit, it seems like you have just discovered the internet and feel you need to get all that troubles you off your chest. Get to know us, try talking on other threads.. post a joke!!! Hell, surprise us all and hi-jack your own thread!

The PPD REALLY are a cool bunch - all of us, from all over, and we are here to relax, so when a very serious thread turns into a bit of fun 250 posts down the track... Just roll with it. Sure, point it back the way you want it if you feel you need to make more points, but just understand that it WILL happen, usually within 5 posts. you have no idea how well you did posting a topic like this.

Now, back to the tourism benefits of the girls in the pictures being oiled up in bikinis with dive tanks by their sides on a PI shore..

Z...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom