Why would a shop change from PADI to SSI affiliation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is the second time in the last few days that bfw has claimed to have personal knowledge of important PADI policies that no other PADI professional knows about.
There are plenty of PADI professionals who know about it. You need to look behind the curtain.

OK, so that post was in 2015, and several, strictly speaking, is 4-6, so that was not accurate. It was probably more like 2001-2002.

Wow!! You came back after 6.5 yrs to defend your honor!! Color me impressed with that level ego. You have the new high score, nice job.

Wow!! You came back after 6.5 yrs to defend your honor!! Color me impressed with that level ego. You have the new high score, nice job.
I came back to look something up, and stayed for all the threads I had forgotten.
I'm pretty ego-less, but I like to debate.

So an LDS that I know converted from PADI to SSI. They told me that PADI started competing with them on the travel side since part of that shop's revenue was operating as a dive travel agency. With PADI offering trips themselves vs. sending them to local PADI shops that offered trips, they felt there was a conflict of interest.

So an LDS that I know converted from PADI to SSI. They told me that PADI started competing with them on the travel side since part of that shop's revenue was operating as a dive travel agency. With PADI offering trips themselves vs. sending them to local PADI shops that offered trips, they felt there was a conflict of interest.
I can name 3 shops within easy reach of me that did the same thing for the same reason. There is not a lot of local diving in Colorado, and dive travel is a huge part of the dive business.

Back
Top Bottom