wich Size and order options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VJey

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, my name is Luiz felipe. I live in Brazil and I will go to Florida on september. Iwant to buy your Kydex Back Plate but I have ifew questions:
1- If I buy through the site, could You send to the Hotel in Orlando or Miami?
2- I want to know the weight and size of the medium Kydex, I already use SS Backplates but it's heavy to transport by plane.
3- Is it necessary to buy single cylinder adapter?

I use the BP/W below, my wing has 30lbs.
produto_71_imagem_1.jpgbp.JPG

Thanks.

Hi, my name is Luiz felipe. I live in Brazil and I will go to Florida on september. Iwant to buy your Kydex Back Plate but I have ifew questions:
1- If I buy through the site, could You send to the Hotel in Orlando or Miami?
2- I want to know the weight and size of the medium Kydex, I already use SS Backplates but it's heavy to transport by plane.
3- Is it necessary to buy single cylinder adapter?

I use the BP/W below, my wing has 30lbs.
View attachment 100133View attachment 100134

Thanks.

While it is possible for use to ship to a Hotel, I would not recommend doing so. Hotels are the absolute worst about tracking incoming packages.

The goods arrive, but *Nobody* at the hotel is responsible and *Nobody* can tell you if the goods are there or not.

We've tried this a few times in the past and it has often been a *Nightmare*

The Medium Kydex plate is less than 2 lbs.

You may need a STA with the Kydex plate if the camband slots in your wing do not match the slots in our plates.

Tobin

Vjey,

One possible option for you: Where I live I don't have a very good delivery address for UPS, Fedex, etc. What I do is use the address of a local UPS store. They charge $2 but I can handle that because it works. There are other similar places like Mailboxes, Inc.

I have also had things delivered to a post office under "general delivery." This can work well, especially in smaller towns. It can work out in a larger place, but the tricky part is that if a larger town/city has five or six post offices, the one near you might not be the general delivery one.

Not to be nosy, but where are you headed in Florida? I have had things shipped to the post office in Marathon and also other post offices in the Keys with no problems. The UPS store in Key Largo is also friendly and familiar with shipping/receiving dive gear. (If you are going to the Keys.)

As a fellow DSS gear owner (had mine shipped to Florida where I was going on a dive trip, just like you --- but not to a hotel), and traveler, let me know if I can help you figure out a place to have your gear shipped. I know it can be difficult when you are dealing with another country, especially if you are going to a new location.

Blue Sparkle

(Feel free to PM me)

Vjey,

One possible option for you: Where I live I don't have a very good delivery address for UPS, Fedex, etc. What I do is use the address of a local UPS store. They charge $2 but I can handle that because it works. There are other similar places like Mailboxes, Inc.

I have also had things delivered to a post office under "general delivery." This can work well, especially in smaller towns. It can work out in a larger place, but the tricky part is that if a larger town/city has five or six post offices, the one near you might not be the general delivery one.

Not to be nosy, but where are you headed in Florida? I have had things shipped to the post office in Marathon and also other post offices in the Keys with no problems. The UPS store in Key Largo is also friendly and familiar with shipping/receiving dive gear. (If you are going to the Keys.)

As a fellow DSS gear owner (had mine shipped to Florida where I was going on a dive trip, just like you --- but not to a hotel), and traveler, let me know if I can help you figure out a place to have your gear shipped. I know it can be difficult when you are dealing with another country, especially if you are going to a new location.

Blue Sparkle

(Feel free to PM me)

Sparkles, the UPS Store is a magnificent Idea, thanks for suggesting that. We get quite a few requests from travelers to ship goods to hotels and they have proven to be quite problematic.

The hotel staffer that receives the goods is often not on duty when the guest needs to recover it and *nobody* knows if the goods arrived, or where they are.

The UPS store should solve these problems.

Thanks again,

Tobin

We get quite a few requests from travelers to ship goods to hotels and they have proven to be quite problematic.

The hotel staffer that receives the goods is often not on duty when the guest needs to recover it and *nobody* knows if the goods arrived, or where they are.

I've been through that scenario a time or two (thankfully not with dive gear), so I know what you mean!

Thanks for the tips, im going to orlando and miami with my wife. I will not dive that days, im going only to see the mickey, because my wife doesn't know him and spend some money in miami (basically reefphoto and sawgrass).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom