Wide angle and strobes with Sea&Sea MMIIex

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ratherbediving

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
As I mentioned, I have a Sea & Sea MMIIex that I bought as a package with the YS60 strobe and the old sea arm. I also have the 16mm wide angle lens that I've rarely used.

I'm going to French Polynesia in August and am hoping for some encounters with humpbacks, sharks, and mantas.

Looking for advice on how to rig-up my camera for wide-angle photos. I do have the high-point optical view-finder, so that helps a bit (to see what I'm looking at...kind of). I've encountered sharks and dolphins in the past and just used the standard 35mm.

I have 2 arms...the 1 that came with the package and the new Sea Arm V.

If I get the YS30 duo will I have enough power? If I get the YS 90 duo will that work with my primary YS60?
Or, should I just get 2 new more powerful strobes?

Thanks in advance....

I have always been told that the more light, the better. But when I was shooting a MMIIex, I had a YS50 and a YS30 slave that worked fine for the 20mm wide angle lens. It wasn't quite enough to cover the 16mm lens, though.

Unless you just have money to burn, I would suggest getting the YS90DX and slave it off your existing YS60. Or you can get the dual sync cord and hotwire them both. Either way you'll have good coverage for the wide angle.

YMMV

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom