Wifi/Internet and cell phone access in Fiji?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tallpaul_colo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Any information on internet and cell phone access in Fiji. Can I buy a SIM card at the airport for my phone? FYI my phone is designed for use in the US with TMobile. I plan on staying part of the time with Dolphin Bay Divers. Since it is pretty remote does anyone have experience with accessing the internet from their place.

Any other suggestions regarding lodging/dive operations that have good internet service would be appreciated.

Any suggestions on dive sites would also be appreciated. I'm thinking of minimizing the gear I bring to just my regulator (and dive computer), mask, fins, and dive boots. Does that sound like a good idea?

Thanks,

Paul

Hi. Several options.
Yes you can buy a local SIM at the airport. Vodafone or Digicel. About FJ$10 I think.
Their Data plans are available on line.
I use Vodafone when not on WiFi 4G and relatively fast.
Hotels often have Guest WiFi now but depends where you stay. It is possible Dolphin Bay has WiFi, but best ask them. Akso worth checking if Vodafone and or Digicel has a signal wher ethey are which is a little off the beaten track. One may be better that the other.
Have fun
Greg

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom