WiFi on Cayman Aggressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bionicdiver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was reading literature about the Cayman Aggressor and it stated that there was complimentary wifi, depending upon where/how the boat was located.

Does anyone have any experience with the wifi while on-board the Aggressor boats? Was wondering if it would support Skype, so that I can stay in touch with the family.

Thanks!

We were on board April 2013 and the WiFi worked well. It didn't work when crossing between the islands. Not sure if it would support skype, but for general browsing and email it was perfect.

I agree that wifi was very reliable. We weren't able to make the crossing but we had wifi almost the entire week around Grand Cayman. Not sure about Skype.

I was on the boat in October, 2011. The wifi worked near Grand Cayman and Little Cayman. It did not work during the crossings. None of my devices could pick up the signal below the main deck. The speed was pretty slow, I ran a few speed tests and it was less than 1 MB down and oldtime modem speed up. The speed degraded when multiple devices were using the system at the same time.

On my trip last August, we also didn't cross to Little Cayman. There was nearly always wifi available around Grand Cayman, but as mentioned, only in the main deck salon. We lost signal in the north sound. I did skype with my family twice, but the quality was limited. This is the only Aggressor boat I've done, I had a positive experience aboard.

Back
Top Bottom