WiFi Secrets Aura

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PNW Dive Girl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Getting ready to go! Quick question, does anyone know if WiFi is complimentary?

Thanks!

I believe it's only complimentary with the Preferred Club upgrade. That said, at least in my room, it was a terrible signal. I had to go to the internet cafe there, where it's fast and free and you can enjoy inclusive coffee and pastries or sandwiches at lunchtime.

Thank you!

If you get bored at Secrets, try the Italian food at Sabor. We really enjoyed it.

As of last August Wifi was free to all guests. Terrible signal. Very spotty and random times of day signal was available. We stayed in the back and would get wifi on our patio from time to time.

Cell phone coverage may be spotty too depending on the carrier/phone. My Blackberry Storm 2, fully international enabled, CDMA and GSM, could only get a signal when I literally walked up to the road. And then it couldn't keep the connection more than 30 seconds at a time, definitely not long enough to talk to a United rep about getting my connecting flight changed when I was notified my flight out of Coz was delayed a few hours. Fortunately, after ranting and raving in the hot sun for an hour, ready to smash my Blackberry into smithereens, I had the "brilliant" idea of calling the local United office from my room phone. I can report the in-room phone had a great connection :)

Since then I have migrated to an iPhone 4s. People with iPhones seemed to have no issues with coverage there. And they're a lot more fun too!

We were there 2 weeks ago and it was complementary, but highly intermittent. They claim to have just switched service providers, and "still working on it" which may be why it's still free and flakey in the non-preferred side. We found the room phone to be spotty too even just trying to call the front desk/room service/etc.

I had some loose ends to tie up at work and it proved challenging with their bad connection (from both rooms we stayed in... long story). I heard that the cafe had a more reliable link, and in a pinch you might be able to pull one of their ethernet cables to your computer while there, however I'd bring an RJ-45 cable extender if that's your contingency plan.

Thanks everyone!

I'm here at Secrets now and the WiFi is complimentary. It works very well in our room!

Thanks for the tip about Italian food next door. I'll have to give it a try. I'm not impressed with the food here at Secrets. Some great, others not too much....

Some great, others not too much....
That's kind of how we felt about Sabor. We liked the Italian, thought the pizza place was terrible, Mexican was hit or miss, and I LOVED the quesadillas and guacamole at the snack bar. But we never went hungry, that's for sure.

We were there in March and the food was pretty good. Wish there was a little more to select from but I cant complain to much about the food. Only thing we experienced while sitting at the pool was very seldom you actually got what you ordered :)

Back
Top Bottom