Wild weather extreams

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
It hasn’t done much more than rain for the past few weeks. If it doesn’t stop soon we had better brush up on our Cubit information. Everytime we get some snow it rains and washes it away.

I went down to the boathouses tonight to check on them and the boats. Everything is ok for now but the vis in the lake will have to get to Zero so it can improve. It is so bad right now that on the outboards I couldn’t see the plate above the prop. Just solid flippin mud.

I fired up the barge and let it run for a few minutes. The cooling water discharge was even a thick brown. I haven't seen the lake this bad in several years.

If we have to dive I don’t think we will even bother to bring a light. It wouldn’t work anyway.

Gary D.

We have been having some horrible water conditions as well. We are currently involved in a dive ops for a murdered 2 year old who was thrown into the Ohio River. We have dove for 4 days to recover the body and everytime we get down we get sucked about 100 yards down stream. The current in addition to the 37 degree water temperature is making this recovery really tough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom