Will "ANYONE" match Leisure Pro's price on a Seaquest Pro QD BC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divematt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
:confused:
Leisure Pro is out of stock of the Seaquest Pro QD BC in medium large in both colors that are offered. Does anyone know who would match the $399.00 price that they charge when in stock? Divers Direct does not.

Thanks,
Matt

It is an AquaLung product so the predatory pricing practices apply. In other words, authorized retailers can't advertise or sell it over the Internet.

So, wait for it to come back in stock or select another brand. See if there is some way to avoid ScubaPro, AquaLung and Oceanic.

Or, buy a BP/W. None of these have the pricing practices of SP, AL or Oceanic.

Richard

I would call scubatoys & ask---now saying that, don't know if they carry that brand....

Seaquest is part of Aqualung.... ST doesn't carry any AL products because of the pricing policy and refusal to allow internet sales.

Well scratch my suggestion----but call them anyway, they are very nice folks, maybe they can make a better suggestion....:D

:confused:
Leisure Pro is out of stock of the Seaquest Pro QD BC in medium large in both colors that are offered. Does anyone know who would match the $399.00 price that they charge when in stock? Divers Direct does not.

Thanks,
Matt

The Diver's Direct in North Palm Beach actually had the Pro QD on sale for close to that price a couple weeks ago. If this is a violation of the rules than I'm just kidding about the sale.
The Pro QD is a great BC and I have been diving one for years, however, I just got the Seaquest Balance and I love it. I dove the Balance for the first time last weekend and it was great. I got the Balance to clear some of the "stuff" in front of me. Perfect trim (balance) is effortless with this BC.
Another thing to consider is that the Seaquest BC's are pretty adjustable. I actually fall in the M/L according to measurements but use a size Med. Pro QD and Balance and they fit nicely.
My suggestions is to get the M/L Balance for $429.00 or get the Med. Pro Qd and return it if it doesn't fit.
Good luck. I think you will be happy with either one.

I'm sure any of the gray market dealers would match the price.

When the Atomic M1 regulator was first introduced, Leisurepro advertised a price of ~$550 for a year without ever having one in stock, while authorized dealers sold it at ~$700. I'm not sure what their motivation is; perhaps to create backorders for themselves. But it's not really a legitimate offer if you don't have any to sell, so I don't see why other dealers would match it.

When the Atomic M1 regulator was first introduced, Leisurepro advertised a price of ~$550 for a year without ever having one in stock, while authorized dealers sold it at ~$700. I'm not sure what their motivation is; perhaps to create backorders for themselves. But it's not really a legitimate offer if you don't have any to sell, so I don't see why other dealers would match it.

Leisurepro has the Pro QD available in every other size except M/L. I would say that is a legitimate offer. I love aqualung stuff but I refuse to pay 50% more for things because of their attempts at price locking.
Leisure pro is now an authorized Zeagle dealer and the prices went up a little bit but now other dealers can compete.
Leisure Pro seems to be authorized for most products they sell now.
I am not affiliated with leisure pro in any way but I do like to save money on dive gear.

The LDS isn't allowed to match the deal, in fact depending on the LDS, $399 might be less than what the LDS will pay for a Pro QD. Aqualung and Scuba Pro will never sell online when they can screw over the LDS and still have Leisure Pro selling their equipment gray market. AL/SP get their money on either side of the deal so it doesn't matter to them how you buy it. Leisure Pro may be a dealer for some of their equipment but why limit themselves by trying to be a AL/SP dealer, I wouldn't if I was them? Personally, I think you should find another BCD from a maker that has a little more honesty and intergrity and lets companies like ST, LP and the LDS have equal opportunity to win your business.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom