Will "ANYONE" match Leisure Pro's price on a Seaquest Pro QD BC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Diver's Direct in North Palm Beach actually had the Pro QD on sale for close to that price a couple weeks ago.

Do you recall the price, maybe I'll just go in and ask them if they'll sell me one at that sale price.

You can PM me with the price if you'd rather.

Thanks,
Matt

OOPS! It showed in stock until I asked for the specific size

Richard

:confused:
Leisure Pro is out of stock of the Seaquest Pro QD BC in medium large in both colors that are offered. Does anyone know who would match the $399.00 price that they charge when in stock? Divers Direct does not.

Thanks,
Matt

I saw one of these on Craig's list locally for $285 today. PM if you want the link.

It appeared to be in pretty good shape by the pics.

Still $285 is a little high in my opinion unless it's really new., but better than what a LDS wants.

Matt,
the seaquest is a decent bc, but have you given any thought to a zeagle? much bang for your buck.

It still amazes me that OEM still think that people are stupid enough to pay MSRP. Yeah, the internet will die. Change your policies or go under.

Do you recall the price, maybe I'll just go in and ask them if they'll sell me one at that sale price.

You can PM me with the price if you'd rather.

Thanks,
Matt

I don't remember the exact price but it was still a little more than LP. I think maybe $30.00 more. It might be worth a call. They are very helpful and will often do price matching on a lot of things.
I regards to the Zeagle suggestion. You probably have selected the ProQD for a reason and I think you should get what works for you. The zeagles are no doubt great BCD's and have a huge following. I decided to try a Zeagle Scout last year based on reviews and I found that I did not like the lack of a backpack. I found it to be uncomfortable and switched back to the ProQD.

I don't remember the exact price but it was still a little more than LP. I think maybe $30.00 more. It might be worth a call. They are very helpful and will often do price matching on a lot of things.
I regards to the Zeagle suggestion. You probably have selected the ProQD for a reason and I think you should get what works for you. The zeagles are no doubt great BCD's and have a huge following. I decided to try a Zeagle Scout last year based on reviews and I found that I did not like the lack of a backpack. I found it to be uncomfortable and switched back to the ProQD.

I just called Divers DIrect and they want $539.00 plus tax which comes out to about $575.00. They won't come down a penny.

When it's in stock at Leisure Pro it's $399.00. I bought one in July.
Now after Christmas they're out of the medium large in both colors and the same goes for the Pro QD with I3 technology in the same size in both colors.

I was just hoping to find some store that sells them a little closer to the Leisure price.

I'd pay a little more but not $175 dollars more.

I don't want a large or a medium, I don't want a used one, and I don't want a Zeagle.

I just want a medium large Seaquest Pro QD in medium large in either gray and black or blue and black at a price closer to $399.00 than $575.00.

I can't believe someone won't split the difference at least!

Thanks everyone for your input and if anyone comes across a sale on one of these or finds a shop willing to make a better deal, please let me know.

In the mean time, I'll wait on Leisure Pro. They already sent me an apology two weeks after I had it backordered.

Thanks,
Matt

LDS pricing is a myth.

There is nothing to keep an LDS from selling a $5 item of whatever, and offer a $200 rebate in the form of a store credit on that item, giving you a net credit of $195 to use on somehting else in the store - then allowing you to buy a BC at full price, apply your $195 store credit, with the end result being a competitive deal. It's really not any different with what auto dealers/manufacturers do with their products - charge big price, then give a "rebate" to bring the price down.

That they may REFUSE to do so is a different matter. But it's not reasonable to blame BS pricing policies when there are easy ways around them.

divematt:
In the mean time, I'll wait on Leisure Pro
I often see people on the ScubaBoard claiming they will match or beat LeisurePro's price. I guess they will--if they have to. But this shows that were it not for LeisurePro, most retailers, on-line or otherwise, would be quite content to continue the price-gouging that typified the industry before LeisurePro. I don't blame retailers for getting the highest price the market will bear, but it seems like a retailer with a longer view would seize this opportunity to gain some loyalty and show they are committed to discounting. In the meantime, LeisurePro will continue to be my default shop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom