Will be new diver in Austin area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am a Divemaster (DM) here in Austin and willing to dive with different people or just explain the different sites. Who are you doing the OW with?

I work for a competitor, so I can't DM for your class. However, I'm friends with some of their instructors and sure they'll take care of you. I can answer questions about Lake Travis and happy to dive with you once you're certified. I think it's a great place to learn, because if you can dive there in the 10' visibility you can safely dive just about anywhere.

My normal recommendations are to buy neoprene socks, like these, preferably 5 mm. They'll keep your feet and you warmer, they help with padding while walking in dive boots, and they help with putting on the wet suit. Also, there are zebra mussels in Lake Travis, which can cut you if you rub on them. You should stay off the rocks (underwater), and may want to wear gloves (which will also help keep you warm).

Relax and have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom