Will I really be certified?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i took my OW in thailand and i paid 8500 bahts. that comes to about 170 euros/212 usd.

the prices there are quite cheap and food/hotel costs are also very affordable.
as you mention you get to dive clear, warm waters. it may not prepare you to dive in colder, dark waters (as many regulars usually say) but it's real fun if it's your first diving experience.

i can't wait to dive in my own country but i had a blast in thailand.

it's gonna to cost me 1200RM for both plus I get to them in some beautiful waters from what I've heard, then I get to follow it up with some diving around the gulf of Thailand and if I can swing it, off the coast of Sulawesi. Aaahh, the joys of packing it in and living on love(lol) at least till the bank comes a knockin'.

In Florida, I recently saw a class listed at $175. Here in Richmond, the shop I use has the OW for $399, but the entire value is credited to any equipment purchases you make for some period of time before and after the class.

adder70:
In Florida, I recently saw a class listed at $175. Here in Richmond, the shop I use has the OW for $399, but the entire value is credited to any equipment purchases you make for some period of time before and after the class.
They credit the tuition cost against future purchases ? Now that would really entice someone to further their dive education, the guy i done my OW with had an offer of 10% off his retail price during the 5 week pool sesions, during the weekend open water dives i decided to buy a mask for €60...told me 10% off was only during pool sesions, not available anymore !! Guess who i done AOW with...? Not him.......thats for sure ! All for €6....his loss.

Back
Top Bottom