Will Liveaboards From Phuket Cut Single Supplement Charges If Last Minute?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can answer the question from my own experience. In November 2011 I was supposed to share a cabin with another diver on the MV Nautica but on arrival found that there was going to be an unused cabin due to cancellation. After the boat had left the harbour, I asked the Dive Director if we could negotiate for me to have that room. He agreed for $100 flat, explaining that the extramoney would be for the crew's labour in making-up the room which they otherwise would not have to. He gave me a receipt.

The other diver, by would-be roommate, also ended-up with a single cabin but in his case it was free, of course.

So they were making extra money on top of the already paid for cabin. And still they went bust.
From the shenanigans that I saw on board ( or perhaps I should say "crew interactions"?) I am not at all surprised. Still, everything went fine during our trip and I felt that having a cabin on my own for a week was worth the additional $100.

BTW, the Dive Director did make a phone call to check before offering me the $100 option.

From the shenanigans that I saw on board ( or perhaps I should say "crew interactions"?) I am not at all surprised. Still, everything went fine during our trip and I felt that having a cabin on my own for a week was worth the additional $100.

BTW, the Dive Director did make a phone call to check before offering me the $100 option.
Yes, there was some turmoil since the beginning. But for some time they were good value for money, one of the few comfortable boats with just 12 guests maximum.

But the offered level of comfort with few guests was not sustainable at the prices they were asking.

Back
Top Bottom