Will Miflex QD BC Inflator hose fit an OMS 45Lb Wing Connector

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Landlocked123

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Basically just tying to finid out if the Miflex LP BCD hoses come standard with a fitting that will work with the fitting on the OMS BCD. Any help apprecitated.

Thanks
George

Hi George. Not familiar with either of those, however, I've never seen an LP inflator hose NOT fit a BCD or dry suit. They are about as "standard" as things get. Do you have a picture of the hose and attachment?

Cheers,

James

That pic eBay looks like a standard LP inflator. There's a few different LP connectors on the valve assemblies and I found a pic of the more common ones:
IMG_2499_zpsb26007d4.jpg Photo by Tkersting18 | Photobucket

Nearly all inflators I've seen in recent years look like the top one, which seems to match the description you mentioon above. If so the iflator you linked on eBay should fit fine.

--- James

If the wing has a standard inflator and not one of the safe second style the miflex connector should work. Occasionally you will run into the situation of the male and female connectors being on the opposite ends of the specs and not work together but this is fairly rare.

Thaks for the feedback. Hoses come in later this week. I will post an update.. George

Just posting up that the hose did work with the OMS fitting on the OMS Wing. The reason I had brought his up is that I have come across sitatuions where rental regulator sets (which you would think are standard) did not fit my OMS wing. Thanks to everyone for their input.

Safe Diving
George

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom